Administrative Services Assistant
Rate: $11.00 - $12.25 hourly
Work week Class: Non- Exempt.
Work Schedule: Part-time; 20 hours weekly
Classification: Student Assistant Level I
Under the supervision of the A.S.I. Office Manager for Administrative Services, the Administrative Services Assistant is responsible for performing tasks and projects related to the Associated Students, Inc. Administrative Offices.
RESPONSIBLE TO: A.S.I. Office Manager of Administration and Service and the A.S.I. Executive Director
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Continued employment in this position is dependent upon the mutual consent of the Associated Students, Inc. and the employee. The condition of employment for this position is such that the employee can be terminated by the A.S.I. at will. This position is also subject to a 90 day probationary period.
PREFERRED SKLLS AND QUALIFICATION:
- Ability to provide assertive customer service to the University community
- Ability to provide information about Associated Students, Inc. and the University Campus Community
- Ability to provide referrals to the appropriate Associated Students, Inc. and University departments and offices
- Ability to prioritize and keep information about daily A.S.I. activities and events
- Ability to coordinate and maintain complete files of all reservations
- Ability to prepare routine correspondence and other materials from rough draft to finish copy
- Ability to receive and screen high volume telephone and walk-in inquires
- Ability to process room request independently
- Ability to scheduling events included checking availability and generating reservations using computerized reservations system
- Ability to multi-task various projects assigned by the Office Manager and other A.S.I. Fulltime staff.
- Ability to assist in monitoring supplies for the Administrative Office.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Front office Professionalism and customer service experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Word applications
- Open and close administrative office upon arrival and departure
- Coordinates the scheduling and usages of A.S.I. conference room
- Coordinate technical equipment and hospitality set-up requests
- Willing to work with an ethnically diverse and culturally pluralistic student body and staff
- Maintain office communications with all branches of A.S.I.
- Monitor and maintain office log sheet to assist in regulating office personnel - Staff and Students
- Create and maintain employment history log
- Provide accurate information to incoming visitors
- Must be able to multi-task
- Answer multiple line phones
- Answer telephones professionally and relay messages accurately
- Maintain administrative office mailboxes
- Sort and distribute all incoming mail
- Meet, greet and coordinate destination of visitors
- Maintain the professional appearance of office lobby area
- Typing required
- Prepare and update routine correspondence and other materials from rough draft to finish copy
- Duties as assigned
The successful candidate also must have the ability to: maintain a neat appearance as a representative of the Associated Students, Inc., handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and meet deadlines in a rapidly changing environment, and exercise sound judgment.
An Equal Opportunity/Title IX Employer:
Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be provided to individuals with protected disabilities to (a) complete the employment process and (b) perform essential job when this does not cause an undue hardship.
How to Apply:
Please go to our website to download an application http://asicsula.org/about/employment. Submit a completed application, cover letter, and resume by the closing date to the A.S.I. Administrative Office, U-SU Room 203.
If you have any questions give us a call at 323-343-4778.