GRAPHIC & WEB DESIGNER
RATE: $11 - $16.00 Hourly
Workweek Class: Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: Part-time; 20 hours/week
Under the direction of the Graphics & Marketing Coordinator the Graphic & Web Designer is responsible for developing all marketing collateral and digital advertising for A.S.I. promotional efforts. s/he will also assist with the development and regular maintenance of the A.S.I. website. This person must be a highly motivated and creative individual looking to broaden their experience in graphic design.
A.S.I. Graphics & Marketing Coordinator
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Continued employment in this position is dependent upon the mutual consent of A.S.I. and the employee. The condition of employment for this position is such that the employee can be terminated by the Executive Director at will.
Must be a current student.
SPECIFIC ABILITIES, SKILLS AND/OR KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
Must be knowledgeable of design fundamentals such as: layout, color theory, and typography.
Must be organize, detail oriented, able to take the initiative and work well with limited supervision.
Must be able to work in a diverse and team oriented environment.
Must have Knowledge of Adobe software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign Acrobat.
Must be able to work in a cross-platform environment (Mac & PC)
Knowledgeable of print procedures preferred.
A working portfolio is required.
• Assist in the creation and development of A.S.I. advertisement and promotional campaigns.
• Assist with regular website updates to ensure all content is up to date.
• Produce all marketing collateral material whether print or web related.
• Work with A.S.I. staff and student leadership on publicity plans for each of the respective areas.
• Assist with A.S.I. Marketing Distribution Plan.
• Promote A.S.I. to students, faculty, staff, and alumni by utilizing all available campus resources.
• Maintain project folder and monthly reports.
• Attend the annual A.S.I. leadership retreats.
• Perform effective customer service, to include answering telephones and helping customers.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment
• Maintain strict adherence to safety procedures. Coordinate and/or attend scheduled safety meetings.
• Attend weekly staff meetings.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by the A.S.I. Graphics and Marketing Coordinator.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Proven leadership and organizational skills
Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
Knowledge of html5, CSS and web editing software.
Prior work experience in graphics or print preferred.
An Equal Opportunity/Title IX Employer
In addition to meeting fully its obligations under federal and state law, Associated Students, Inc. is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can live and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to economic status, ethnic background, political views, sexual orientation, or other personal characteristics or beliefs.
Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be provided to individuals with protected disabilities to (a) complete the employment process and (b) perform essential job duties when this does not cause an undue hardship.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your application with a working portfolio and resume to A.S.I. Administrative Office, U-SU 203 during office hours. If you have any questions, please call us at 323-343-4778.
|Graphic & Web Designer Job Description||146.3 KB|