A.S.I. Lobby Corps
Lobby Corps is a network of organized students from across the CSU system charged with maintaining student representation and advocacy in the State Legislature and at CSU Board of Trustees meetings. To learn more about our efforts and to ensure your voice is being heard at the state level, join us for these meetings and open discussions.
The mission of our A.S.I. Lobby Corps at Cal State LA is to empower concerned students with the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to advocate for students issues on campus and at the local, state, and national level.
This mission shall be achieved by creating a team of trained and organized student advocates at Cal State LA that represent our 28,000+ students before external entities.
The Lobby Corps are responsible to disseminate current information to students and to coordinate its efforts with the California State Student Association (CSSA) with the support of Associated Students, Incorporated of Cal State LA.
Higher Education Is Our Priority
The CSU system is an integral part of California's "Master Plan for Education" which was developed by Governor Pat Brown and later adopted by the California Legislature in the 1960s. This plan outlined a coherent system for all three post secondary education institutions to ensure that some form of higher education ought to be available to everyone regardless of their economic means and that only a person's academic proficiency should determine how far they should go.
Associated Students organizations were created throughout the CSU system to ensure that the California Legislature upholds its promise of an affordable, accessible, and quality post-secondary education. The Lobby Corps were then created to follow through with this special task and to play a vital role in student advocacy. Our job is to remind elected officials about the purpose of the CSU system and its importance to the state.
Joining Lobby Corps
To make an inquiry or to apply for membership into the A.S.I. Lobby Corps at Cal State LA, please fill out the following form and someone will get back to you about upcoming meetings and the Lobby Corps clinic/training. If you have any questions or ideas concerning policy concerns, legislative affairs, or the lobby corps please e-mail the VP for External Affairs and Advancement at
- State Senate - Find legislation, meeting and commitee directory
- State Assembly - Find legislation, meeting and commitee directory
- Bill Information - Find a bill, your representative, read government code
- Legislative Analyst Office - Simple easy analysis of budget plus much more
- California Budget - Complete CA Budget
California State University
- Press releases, publications, student fee info and more
Board of Trustees
- Meeting schedule, agendas, notices and trustee information
California State Student Association
Office of Government Relations
- Contact for all your government relations needs. Advocacy, Voter Project, CHESS, Lobby Corps, Legislative Affairs and more
Office of University Relations
- Contact for all your university affairs needs. BOT info, executive orders, shared governance and on campus issues
- Letters to Congress
- Papers, Publications & Proposals
- Statements & Testimony
- Joint Committee of the Higher Education and Entertainment Communities
- Student Aid Alliance
Key Congressional Committees
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies
- House Committee on Education and Labor
- House Appropriations Sub Committee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies