Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Approval of Agenda for Friday, April 21, 2017
- d. Approval of Minutes for Friday, April 7, 2017
- e. Aprroval of Minutes for Friday, April 11, 2017
II. Public Forum - Allotted time for members of the public to address the committee.
III. Action Items:
a. Student Nurses Association - Recognition Day - 05/06/17 - $459.25
b. Phi Sigma Kappa - Miss Phi Sig - 4/27/17 - $384.42
c. Hispanic Business Society - Traveling Through New Horizons - 5/13/17 -$1,733.92
d. Association of Student Anthro - Fundraiser - 4/24/17 - $88.20
e. Alpha Phi Omega - Together We Rise Benefit Concert - 5/6/17 - $187
f. Association of Student Anthro - ASA Conference - 4/29/17 - $1,070.02
g. Forensic Science Student Association - Pizza Fundraiser - 5/2-4/17 - $283.62
h. Creation of Policy 226: The committee will take action on a proposal to create a new subcommittee to address funding proposals through Policy 226.
i. 2017-2018 Operating Budget: The committee will take action on any recommended changes to the 2017-2018 Operating Budget in anticipation for budget approval at the next Finance Committee on April 28 (Special Finance Committee Meeting).
IV. Discussion Items:
- a. Disbursment of funds: The committee will discuss the current disbursement of funds to the Veterans Resource Center and the Dreamers Center.
- b. Policy Review:
1. Policy 208: The committee will discuss te recommended changes made to the policy.
- a. A.S.I. Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
Regularly Meets On:
The Finance Committees acts on behalf of the BOD in all matters pertaining to income appropriation, and the safeguarding of Associated Students, Inc. funds. The Finance Committee makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding allocation of funds. The committee also prepares an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. BOD in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of these Bylaws. The Finance Committee also has the responsibility for recommending the most appropriate investments.
What is the composition of the Finance Committee?
- The Finance Committee is composed of 14 voting members and 4 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following positions:
- A.S.I. Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.)
- Four student (recommended by the V.P. for Finance to the A.S.I. President with a simple majority consent of the B.O.D.)
What does the Finance Committee do?
It shall be the purpose and function of the Finance Committee to:
- Make recommendations to the B.O.D. regarding allocation of funds.
- Prepare an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. B.O.D. in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of the Bylaws.
- Develop a balanced A.S.I. Annual Budget for approval by both the B.O.D., and the University President no less than sixty (60) days prior to the end of the fiscal year.
Duties and Responsibilities
For more information go to our website Finance Policies and Procedures 200-225 and review Policy 201 Finance Committee Code of Procedure.