Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items:
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Adoption of Agenda for Thursday, October 5, 2017
d. Adoption of Minutes for Thursday, September 21, 2017
II. Public Forum:
- a. This time is allotted to members of the public to address the board.
III. Special Presentation:
- a. Chief Rick Wall, Director of Public Safety - Time Certain of 4 pm
IV. Standing Action Items:
a. Appointment for Vacant A.S.I. and Campus Committee Positions - Board of Directors will appoint individuals to the following vacant A.S.I. and student committee positions. (3:25 - 3:45)
- i. A.S.I. Board of Director Appointment(s)
- ii. Cabinet of Commissioner Appointment(s)
- iii. Internal Committee Appointment(s)
iv. University Wide Committee Appointment(s)
- a. A.S.I. President: David Zitser
- b. A.S.I. Vice President for Administration: David Garcia
- c. A.S.I. Vice President for Academic Governance: Neyda Umana
- d. A.S.I. Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- e. A.S.I. Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement: Marcos Montes
- f. A.S.I. Secretary/ Treasurer: Jazmin Ortiz
- g. A.S.I. Chief Justice: Jeovany Aguilar
- h. A.S.I. Board of Directors
- i. A.S.I. Staff : Intef W. Weser and Marcus Rodriguez
- j. University Designee: Dr. Jennifer Miller, Dean of Students
VI. New Business:
- a. Action Item: The Board will vote on a Letter to Metro Regarding the U-Pass program.
b. Action Item: The Board will take action on the following policies with the recommended edits from the Bylaws Committee
- i. Review Policy 218 Referendum Policy - Bylaws committee members will review and act on recommended edits to the Referendum Guidelines.
- ii. Review Policy 005 Grant-in-Aid - Bylaws committee members will review and act on recommended edits to the Grant-In-Aid policy.
- iii. Review Policy 302 Bylaws Codes of Procedures Sub-Committee COP - The Board will review and act on recommended edits approved by the Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Sub-Committee Code of Procedure.
- iv. Review Policy 003 Executive Committee COP- The Board will review and act on recommended edits approved by the Executive Committee and Bylaws committee.
- v. Review Policy 202 - Bylaws committee members will review and act on recommended edits to the Finance Funding Flowchart.
vi. Review Policy 214 - Bylaws committee members will review and act on recommended edits to the Finance Travel Policy.
vii. Review Policy 225 - Bylaws committee members will review and act on recommended edits to the Signature Authorization Policy.
viii. Review Policy 017- Bylaws committee members will review and act on recommended edits to the Cabinet of Commissioners COP.
- Follow Up Discussion Regarding Legal Counsel Presentation on August 24, 2017 - The BOD will discuss some of the content presented by Richard E. Bromley at first BOD.
|BOD Minutes Sept. 21, 2017.pdf||152.39 KB|
|Application Packet October fifth 2017.pdf||652.83 KB|
|Aaron Castaneda VPF.pdf||126.46 KB|
|Policy 214 Finance - Travel Policy 10.5.17||84.99 KB|
|Policy 225 - Signature Authorization Policy 9.25.17||181.99 KB|
|Policy 017 - Cabinet of Commissioners Code of Procedure 10.05.17||175.21 KB|
|BOD Report Jazmin Ortiz_10.5.2017.pdf||232 KB|
|Application List Oct. fifth, 2017.pdf||70.95 KB|
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (BOD) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the ASI
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership
The Board of Directors shall consist of the following directors elected by the Cal State LA student body, as specified in Article IV of the ASI Bylaws.
- ASI President
- ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- ASI Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Representative-at-Large
- ASI Civic Engagement Officer - Representative-at-Large
- Two (2) College of Arts & Letters Representatives
- Two (2) College of Business & Economics Representatives
- Two (2) Charter College of Education Representatives
- Two (2) College of Engineering, Computer Science, & Technology Representatives
- Two (2) Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services Representatives
- Two (2) College of Natural & Social Sciences Representatives
For more information regarding the role and function of the Board of Directors please review Policy 002 - Board of Directors Code of Procedure via this LINK.