Date / Time:
Thursday, October 5, 2017 - 3:15pm to 5:45pm
U-SU Board Rm. 303 AB
I. Organizational Items:
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Adoption of Agenda for Thursday, October 5, 2017
d. Adoption of Minutes for Thursday, September 21, 2017
II. Public Forum:
- a. This time is allotted to members of the public to address the board.
III. Special Presentation:
- a. Chief Rick Wall, Director of Public Safety - Time Certain of 4 pm
IV. Standing Action Items:
a. Appointment for Vacant A.S.I. and Campus Committee Positions - Board of Directors will appoint individuals to the following vacant A.S.I. and student committee positions. (3:25 - 3:45)
- i. A.S.I. Board of Director Appointment(s)
- ii. Cabinet of Commissioner Appointment(s)
- iii. Internal Committee Appointment(s)
iv. University Wide Committee Appointment(s)
- a. A.S.I. President: David Zitser
- b. A.S.I. Vice President for Administration: David Garcia
- c. A.S.I. Vice President for Academic Governance: Neyda Umana
- d. A.S.I. Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- e. A.S.I. Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement: Marcos Montes
- f. A.S.I. Secretary/ Treasurer: Jazmin Ortiz
- g. A.S.I. Chief Justice: Jeovany Aguilar
- h. A.S.I. Board of Directors
- i. A.S.I. Staff : Intef W. Weser and Marcus Rodriguez
- j. University Designee: Dr. Jennifer Miller, Dean of Students
VI. New Business:
- a. Action Item: The Board will vote on a Letter to Metro Regarding the U-Pass program.
b. Action Item: The Board will take action on the following policies with the recommended edits from the Bylaws Committee
- i. Review Policy 218 Referendum Policy - Bylaws committee members will review and act on recommended edits to the Referendum Guidelines.
- ii. Review Policy 005 Grant-in-Aid - Bylaws committee members will review and act on recommended edits to the Grant-In-Aid policy.
- iii. Review Policy 302 Bylaws Codes of Procedures Sub-Committee COP - The Board will review and act on recommended edits approved by the Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Sub-Committee Code of Procedure.
- iv. Review Policy 003 Executive Committee COP- The Board will review and act on recommended edits approved by the Executive Committee and Bylaws committee.
- v. Review Policy 202 - Bylaws committee members will review and act on recommended edits to the Finance Funding Flowchart.
vi. Review Policy 214 - Bylaws committee members will review and act on recommended edits to the Finance Travel Policy.
vii. Review Policy 225 - Bylaws committee members will review and act on recommended edits to the Signature Authorization Policy.
viii. Review Policy 017- Bylaws committee members will review and act on recommended edits to the Cabinet of Commissioners COP.
- Follow Up Discussion Regarding Legal Counsel Presentation on August 24, 2017 - The BOD will discuss some of the content presented by Richard E. Bromley at first BOD.
|BOD Minutes Sept. 21, 2017.pdf||152.39 KB|
|Application Packet October fifth 2017.pdf||652.83 KB|
|Aaron Castaneda VPF.pdf||126.46 KB|
|Policy 214 Finance - Travel Policy 10.5.17||84.99 KB|
|Policy 225 - Signature Authorization Policy 9.25.17||181.99 KB|
|Policy 017 - Cabinet of Commissioners Code of Procedure 10.05.17||175.21 KB|
|BOD Report Jazmin Ortiz_10.5.2017.pdf||232 KB|
|Application List Oct. fifth, 2017.pdf||70.95 KB|
Last modified on October 19, 2017
Regularly Meets On:
Thursdays from 3:30pm to 6:00pm
U-SU Board Rm. 303AB
*Please check meeting list to confirm times and locations
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (B.O.D.) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the A.S.I.
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership
Last modified on September 29, 2017