Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
c. Adoption of Agenda for September 25, 2017
d. Adoption of Minutes for May 8, 2017
e. Adoption of Minutes for August 28, 2017
f. Adoption of Minutes for September 11, 2017
II. Public Forum/Announcement
- This time is allotted for members of the public or representatives to make announcements to the bylaws committee members.
III. New Business
a. Review Policy 202 - Bylaws committee members will review and act on recommended edits to the Finance Funding Flowchart.
b. Review Policy 214 - Bylaws committee members will review and act on recommended edits to the Finance Travel Policy.
c. Review Policy 225 - Bylaws committee members will review and act on recommended edits to the Signature Authorization Policy.
d. Review Policy 017- Bylaws committee members will review and act on recommended edits to the Cabinet of Commissioners COP.
V. Old Business
- a. Removal of Appointed Members Language in Governing Codes of Procedures - The committee will continue reviewing the language regarding removal of appointed members reflected in each Code of Procedures addressing allowable consecutive unexcused absences, unexcused absences, unexcused tardies, or unexcused early departures during any one (1) semester.
- a. Chief Justice
- b. Associate Justices
- c. Elections and Orientation Commissioner
- d. A.S.I. Staff: Intef W. Weser
|Policy 214 Finance - Travel Policy 9.25.17||82.38 KB|
|Memo for recommended changes of Financial Policies 2||133.59 KB|
|Policy 225 - Signature Authorization Policy 9.25.17||181.99 KB|
|5.8.17 Bylaws Minutes||83.56 KB|
|8.28.17 Bylaws Minutes||93.54 KB|
|Policy 017 - Cabinet of Commissioners Code of Procedure 9.14.17||171.84 KB|
|Updated Bylaws Agenda 09.25.17||57.59 KB|
|9-11 Bylaws Minutes||101.8 KB|
Regularly Meets On:
The Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee of the Associated Students, Incorporated (ASI) of California State University, Los Angeles. It shall be the purpose and function of the Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee to ensure that the governing documents, policies and procedures of ASI are in compliance with Title V of the Administrative Code of the State of California, Policy and Directives of the Board of Trustees of the California State University, Policies of the CSLA, the Articles of Incorporation, and the Bylaws.
What is the composition of the ASI Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee?
The Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee shall be composed of 7 voting and 3 non-voting members.
- The entire membership of the Judicial Review Committee as delineated in the ASI Bylaws (4 voting, 2 alternate)
- The ASI Elections Commissioner
- A member of the BOD appointed by the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD
- One student recommended by the Chief Justice to the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD
- Associated Students Executive Director (non-voting)
- University President or designee (non-voting)
- Student Program Advisor (non-voting)