Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
- c. Adoption of Agenda for October 9, 2017
- d, Adoption of Minutes for September 25, 2017
II. Public Forum/Announcement
- This time is allotted for members of the public or representatives to make announcements to the bylaws committee members.
III. New Business
a. Review Policy 011 - Bylaws committee members will review and act on recommended edits to the Strategic Planning Committee Code of Procedure approved by the Strategic Planning Committee.
b. Review Policy 001 - Bylaws committee members will review and act on recommended edits to the A.S.I. Bylaws approved by the Executive Committee.
V. Old Business
- a. Review Policy 017- Bylaws committee members will discuss BOD feedback regarding the recommended edits to the Cabinet of Commissioners COP approved by the Bylaws committee.
- b. Removal of Appointed Members Language in Governing Codes of Procedures - The committee will continue reviewing the language regarding removal of appointed members reflected in each Code of Procedures addressing allowable consecutive unexcused absences, unexcused absences, unexcused tardies, or unexcused early departures during any one (1) semester.
- a. Chief Justice
- b. Associate Justices
- c. Elections and Orientation Commissioner
- d. A.S.I. Staff: Intef W. Weser
|Policy 011 - Adm - Strategic Planning Committee Code of Procedures 10.5.17||57.4 KB|
|Policy 001 Adm - A.S.I. Bylaws Policy 001 Approved 9.26.17||236.98 KB|
|925 bylaws minutes-1||98.38 KB|
Regularly Meets On:
The Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee of the Associated Students, Incorporated (A.S.I.) of California State University, Los Angeles. It shall be the purpose and function of the Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee to ensure that the governing documents, policies and procedures of A.S.I. are in compliance with Title V of the Administrative Code of the State of California, Policy and Directives of the Board of Trustees of the California State University, Policies of the CSLA, the Articles of Incorporation, and the Bylaws.
What is the composition of the A.S.I. Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee?
The Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee shall be composed of 7 voting and 3 non-voting members.
- The entire membership of the Judicial Review Committee as delineated in the A.S.I. Bylaws (4 voting, 2 alternate)
- The A.S.I. Elections Commissioner
- A member of the BOD appointed by the A.S.I. President with a simple majority consent of the BOD
- One student recommended by the Chief Justice to the A.S.I. President with a simple majority consent of the BOD
- Associated Students Executive Director (non-voting)
- University President or designee (non-voting)
- Student Program Advisor (non-voting)