Date / Time:
i. Organizational Items
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Approval of Agenda for Tuesday, July 18, 2017
- d. Approval of Minutes for Tuesday, May 9, 2017
II. Public Forum - Allotted time for members of the public to address the committee.
III. New Business
- a. Strategic Planning Committee Code of Procedure Review: The committee will review the current COP.
IV. Old Business
a. Review what has been accomplished:
- 1. Vision statement - "Ignite potential and empower student voices"
- 2. Mission/purpose statement - Since 1959, Associated Students, Inc. has promoted the establishment of, and provided the means for, effective avenues of student input into the governance of the campus; provided an official voice through which student opinion could be expressed; provided an opportunity where students could gain experience and training in responsible political participation and community leadership; assisted in the protection of the rights and interests of individual students; and stimulated the educational, social, physical and cultural well-being of the university community.
3. A.S.I. History document
b. Discussion on proposed strategic initiatives
- 1. Review Cal State LA University Strategic Plan
2. Review current proposed A.S.I. strategic initiatives
- 3. What should remain and what needs work?
- c. Discussion on the upcoming retreat agenda
What does the Strategic Planning Committee do?
It is the responsibility of the Strategic Planning Committee to assist the Board of Directors in recommending and directing, for their approval, the Associated Students, Inc. BOD towards their vision. The following is a partial list of tasks for which the committee is responsible.
- Periodically reassess the mission and vision statement.
- Analyze the current environment surrounding A.S.I.
- Create, reevaluate, and modify the short-term and long-term plan as necessary.
- Recommend goals, based upon the above strategic plans, to the B.O.D.
- Review the 2015-16 Strategic Planning Goals via this link.
What is the composition of the Strategic Planning Committee?
- The Strategic Planning Committee is composed of 6 voting members and 2 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following positions:
- One student outside of A.S.I. (non elected or appointed)
Duties and Responsibilities
- For more information go to our website Administrative Governing Policies and select Governance Policies and Procedures 000-018 and review Policy 011 Strategic Planning Committee Codes of Procedures.