Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
a. Call to Order
b. Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
c. Approval of Agenda for Friday, October 13, 2017
d. Approval of Minutes for Friday, September 29, 2017
e. Approval of Minutes for Friday, September 1, 2017
f. Approval of Funding Committee Report for Friday, October 6, 2017
II. Public Forum - Allotted time for members of the public to address the committee.
III. New Business
a. Action Item: Spirit Squad - Cheer Premier - 11/17/17 (rev) - $2,959.59
b. Action Item: Line-item adjustment. The committee will take action on a possible line-item adjustment to tentatively fund a project proposed by an ASI member.
c. Budget Priorities Draft Proposals: The committee will listen and review proposals submitted during the priority deadline.
IV. Discussion Items
a. CSU Consolidated Fund. The committee will be educated on an investment fund that ASI could potentially start investing.
V. Information Items:
a. Alternative Funding and Referendum Ad Hoc Committee - The committee will receive an update on the status of the Ad Hoc Committee.
a. A.S.I. Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
|Finance Agenda October 13 2017||131.58 KB|
|Funding Committee Report for 10-6-17||132.55 KB|
|Finance Committee Meeting Minutes-09.29.17 (draft)||75.6 KB|
|Spirit Squad REVISED - 11.17.2017_Redacted||757.38 KB|
|Government Affairs and Leadership Programs||805.83 KB|
|Safe Spring Break||55.96 KB|
|Students are overwhelmed both by their academic and working duties||52.36 KB|
|ASI Marketing Proposal||1.89 MB|
|ASI Direct Funding Budget Tracker 2017-2018||56.28 KB|
Regularly Meets On:
The Finance Committees acts on behalf of the BOD in all matters pertaining to income appropriation, and the safeguarding of Associated Students, Inc. funds. The Finance Committee makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding allocation of funds. The committee also prepares an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. BOD in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of these Bylaws. The Finance Committee also has the responsibility for recommending the most appropriate investments.
What is the composition of the Finance Committee?
- The Finance Committee is composed of 14 voting members and 4 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following positions:
- ASI Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.)
- Four student (recommended by the V.P. for Finance to the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD)
What does the Finance Committee do?
It shall be the purpose and function of the Finance Committee to:
- Make recommendations to the BOD regarding allocation of funds.
- Prepare an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. B.O.D. in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of the Bylaws.
- Develop a balanced ASI Annual Budget for approval by both the B.O.D., and the University President no less than sixty (60) days prior to the end of the fiscal year.
Duties and Responsibilities
For more information go to our website Finance Policies and Procedures 200-225 and review Policy 201 Finance Committee Code of Procedure.