Date / Time:
- Organizational Items
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda for Friday, July 28, 2017
- Approval of Minutes for Friday, June 30, 2017
- Approval of Minutes for Friday, July 21, 2017
Public Forum - Allotted time for members of the public to address the committee.
- Action Items:
- LASABA - Meet and Greet - 08/28/2017 - $137.00
- LASABA - Halloween Social - 10/30/2017 - $183.00
- Policy Review
- Policy 201: Finance Committee Code of Procedures
- The committee will take action on the recommended edits to the policy
- Policy 208: Risk Management Policy
- The committee wll take action on the recommended edits to the policy.
Policy 213: Academic/Student Organization Travel
The committee will take action on the recommended edits to the policy.
- Policy 218: Referedum Guidelines
- The committee will take action on the recommended edits to the policy.
- Alternative Funding and Referendum Ad Hoc Committee: The committee will be provided an update on current discussions in the Ad Hoc Committee
- Reviewing Budget and Detail of 2017/2018 Operating Budget: The committee will begin to review the contents of the operating budget and supporting detail.
- A.S.I. Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
Regularly Meets On:
The Finance Committees acts on behalf of the BOD in all matters pertaining to income appropriation, and the safeguarding of Associated Students, Inc. funds. The Finance Committee makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding allocation of funds. The committee also prepares an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. BOD in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of these Bylaws. The Finance Committee also has the responsibility for recommending the most appropriate investments.
What is the composition of the Finance Committee?
- The Finance Committee is composed of 14 voting members and 4 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following positions:
- A.S.I. Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.)
- Four student (recommended by the V.P. for Finance to the A.S.I. President with a simple majority consent of the B.O.D.)
What does the Finance Committee do?
It shall be the purpose and function of the Finance Committee to:
- Make recommendations to the B.O.D. regarding allocation of funds.
- Prepare an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. B.O.D. in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of the Bylaws.
- Develop a balanced A.S.I. Annual Budget for approval by both the B.O.D., and the University President no less than sixty (60) days prior to the end of the fiscal year.
Duties and Responsibilities
For more information go to our website Finance Policies and Procedures 200-225 and review Policy 201 Finance Committee Code of Procedure.