Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
a. Call to Order
b. Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
c. Approval of Agenda for Friday, September 22, 2017
d. Approval of the Minutes for Friday, September 8, 2017
II. Public Forum - Allotted time for members of the public to address the committee.
III. Action Items:
a. Intervarsity Christian Fellowship - Fall Conference - 10/6,7,8/2017 - $1,837.50
b. Accounting Society - Ice-cream food sale - 10/2/2017 - $279.84
c. Accounting Society - Resume Workshop - 10/13/2017 - $249.25
d. Accounting Society - Pupusa Sale - 9/25/2017 - $280.12
e. ASCE - Pizza Fundraiser - 10/3/2017 - $110
f. ASCE - Pizza Fundraiser - 10/5/2017 - $110
g. ASCE - Pizza Fundraiser - 10/17/2017 - $110
h. ASCE - Pizza Fundraiser - 10/19/2017 - $110
i. ASCE - Pizza Fundraiser - 10/31/2017 - $110
j. Master of Social Work Student Organization - Dounut Sale - 10/31/2017 - $155.98
k. Master of Social Work Student Organization - Bowling Night - 10/3/2017 - $750
l. Master of Social Work Student Organization - Porto's Sale - 10/19/2017 - $202.97
m. Master of Social Work Student Organization - Pizza Fundraiser - 9/28/2017 - $463.76
n. Master of Social Work Student Organization - Pizza Fundraiser -10/12/2017 - $339.79
o. Master of Social Work Student Organization - Churro Sale - 11/9/2017 - $111.34
p. Master of Social Work Student Organization - Porto's Sale - 9/30/2017 - $165.37
q. Master of Social Work Student Organization - Holiday Social -12/9/2017 - $762.40
r. Rehabiliation Counseling Association - Operations Warm Winter - 12/15/2017 - $1,692
s. Financial Management Association (FMA) - Professional Guest Speaker Event - 9/27/2017 - $516.70
t. American Society of Mechinal Engineers - Kickoff - 9/28/2017 - $317.96
u. Association of Latino Professional for America - Porto's Sale - 10/17/2017 - $249.03
v. Association of Latino Professional for America - Pizza Sale - 10/3/2017 - $260.31
w. Golden Eagle Productions - GEP 2nd - 10/5,19/2017 - $202.76
a. A.S.I. Vice Chair for Finance: Elias Ortega
b. A.S.I. Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
Regularly Meets On:
The Funding Sub-committee is a sub-committee of the Finance Committee, hereafter referred to as the Funding Committee.
- A. This committee is only granted the Authority for Allocations. This sole authority of taking action on funding proposals is referenced in Article IV, Section 1, of the Finance Committee Code of Procedure - Policy 201.
- B. As is the nature of a sub-committee; the Finance Committee, and ultimately the Board of Directors (B.O.D.), have the power to reverse or change any action, or supplement for any lack of action, taken in this committee.
What is the composition of the Funding Committee?
The Funding Committee shall be composed of nine (9) voting members and six (6) non-voting members.
- A. A.S.I. Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.) (Committee Chair)
- B. A.S.I. Vice President for Finance (V.P.F.)
- C. A.S.I. President
- D. Campus Affairs Representative
- E. Two members of the B.O.D. appointed by the A.S.I. President with majority consent of the B.O.D.
- F. Three students recommended by the A.S.I. Vice President for Finance to the A.S.I. President with majority consent of the B.O.D. (non - A.S.I. B.O.D.)
- G. A.S.I. Executive Director (non-voting)
- H. A.S.I. Office Manager (non-voting)
- I. University Dean of Students or designee (non-voting)
- J. Center for Student Involvement (C.S.I.) representative (non-voting)
- K. CFO of the University or designee (non-voting)
- L. UAS representative or designee (non-voting)
What does the Finance Committee do?
It shall be the purpose and function of the Funding Committee to:
- A. Act as the first step in a multi-level approval process in requests for appropriation of Associated Students, Inc. (A.S.I.) funds in accordance with these Codes, the A.S.I. Administrative Manual, and the A.S.I. Bylaws.
- B. Maintain a transparent and efficient funding process for the distribution of A.S.I. funds.