The Dreamers Resource Center is here to support you whether or not you have DACA. We have workshops and help with the Dream Act. Please be aware that your financial aid through the CA Dream Act does not expire with DACA. The CA Dream Act is not connected to DACA and you should begin applying by October 1st.
The purpose of this post is to inform you of DACA renewal information, DACA resources, and Know Your Rights Information.
1) DACA Renewal Information: If you are able to renew DACA, it must be received by DHS on or before October 5th2017.
- In order to be eligible to renew your DACA for another 2 years, you must have an expiration date between September 5th 2017 - March 5th 2018.
- Your renewal application with the $495 fee must be received by October 5th2017. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2) DACA Resources: The Dreamers Resource Center, President Covino, and the Vice President for Student Life are here to help with your DACA Renewal!
- FREE DACA GRANTS STILL AVAILABLE for Cal State LA currently enrolled students
- FREE PHOTO's for DACA applications available
- FREE HELP with DACA renewals in the DRC and in the community
- DACA Grants Available
Office of the Vice President for Student Life
5151 State University Drive, SA 108
Los Angeles, CA 90032
Monday - Thursday: 8am - 6pm
Friday: 8am - 5pm
Free DACA grants available through the Mission Asset Fund (MAF): http://lc4daca.org/
Click the following link for a list of DACA Renewal Workshops hosted by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in partnership with Catholic Charities. Details can also be found here: http://thenextamerica.org/2017/09/20/daca-renewal-workshop/
3) KNOW YOUR RIGHTS: See the attached DACA Informational Packet for more information
For more information, contact:
Luz Maria Borjon, M.S., M.Ed.
Glazer Family Dreamers Resource Center
Student Affairs Building | Room 214
5151 State University Drive | Los Angeles, CA 90032
T 323.343.4367| email
calstatela.edu/ab540 | Pushing Boundaries
|DACA Informational Packet||3.9 MB|