Raul Henderson Spirit Scholarship
During his tenue at Cal State LA, Raul Henderson (1939-1999) was an advisor for student organizations, the A.S.I. General Election, and the Cal State LA Homecoming Committee. Additionally, he served as the Commencement Organization Coordinator, assisted with numerous University events, and was a fixture on campus-wide planning committees.
Mr. Henderson was an active member of the Cal State LA community and an invaluable mentor to both students and staff. By assisting with the development of strategies and goals, he drove people to embrace their worth and to reach their full potential. His strong convictions inspired and he encouraged many a student to think about all the new possibilities higher education and campus involvement provided.
To commemorate his tireless work, and in celebration of the many years Henderson devoted to the Cal State LA community, the Raul Henderson Spirit Scholarship was created.
This year, $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to three undergraduate students and one graduate student who best exemplify Henderson's vision, spirit, and devoted energy to educationally meaningful activities. The applicants will be judged on scholastic achievement, Cal State LA contributions, community involvement, and a written essay.
- Current Cal State LA student (undergraduate/graduate)
- Cal State LA Grade Point Average (GPA) Minimum - 3.0 (undergraduate) | 3.5 (graduate)
- At least part-time student status in Spring Semester 2017
- At least part-time student status in Summer Intersession OR Fall Semester 2017
- Scholarship recipients must maintain all the above listed criteria in the semester they are awarded.
We are pleased to share this wonderful opportunity and invite students to submit their application before the February 2nd deadline. For more information, please contact:
Marcus A. Rodriguez
Director of Government Affairs & Leadership Programs
Associated Students, Incorporated | California State University, Los Angeles
(323) 343-4785 - direct line | | www.calstatela.edu/asi