Please submit a cover letter, resume, and application to the ASI Administrative Office, U-SU 203.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Open until position if filled.
- Rate: $11.00 - $12.25 hourly
- Workweek Class: Non-Exempt
- Work Schedule: Part-time; 20 hours weekly
- Classification: Student Assistant Level II
Programming & Marketing Advisor is responsible for assisting with the planning, execution, and evaluation of programs and events sponsored by ASI. In addition, this position will execute, assess and maintain the ASI Marketing and Distribution plan, all programming files and the ASI website and social networking site calendars.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Coordinator of Student Engagement & Outreach
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Continued employment or termination of this position is dependent upon the mutual consent of the Associated Students, Inc. and the employee. Additionally, the condition of employment of this position is such that employment can be terminated by the Assistant Director at will. This position is also subject to a 30-day probationary period.
- Event planning experience
- Marketing and public relations experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Perform routine clerical work, type, and operate office machines
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Ability to manage several projects at one given time
- Takes initiative on assignments
- Computer skill with the ability to use a variety of software programs including database and spreadsheets
- Ability to operate independently when making decisions and problems solving
The successful candidate also must have the ability to: handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and meet deadlines in a rapidly changing environment; coordinate and prioritize workload of clerical support; exercise sound judgment, discretion and initiative; and work effectively with customers and ASI Student Government Officers. Experience with PC and Microsoft Office software applications preferred.
PREFERRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to follow ASI filing system for records, documents, etc.
- Comfortable with navigating a content management system (CMS) website
- Willingness to work with an ethnically diverse and culturally pluralistic student body and staff
- Strong interpersonal and group communication skills for work in a team environment required
- Strong organizational skills required
- Aid and assist in publicity for ASI and ASI related events and programs
- Assists in the planning, development, execution, and evaluation of major programs and events for ASI.
- Process and maintain all essential programming venue reservations and associated permits
- Assist in the generation and retrieval of all programming evaluation and assessment reports
- Maintain the ASI Bulletin Board and unit storage area
- Interact effectively on a one-on-one setting
- Distribution of ASI promotional materials - assistance with cross campus promotion of events and meetings is a critical responsibility (including media outlet access granted through Cal State LA Public Affairs and Housing Services).
- Communicate and interact cordially, politely, and professionally
- Answer and screen phone calls
- Familiarize oneself with and abide by ASI office procedural policies, university, and state employment practices
- Provide general clerical support for various ASI projects
- Collaborate and network with departments and students
- Ensure the provision of the highest levels of customer service possible
- Perform and attend events as assigned
- Assist with recruitment and development of volunteer opportunities for Cal State LA students in ASI, including but not limited to the ASI Screaming Eagles Program
- Attend ASI student staff meetings
- Assist with the development and implementation of leadership development, advocacy and education programs for the Cal State LA campus community
- Updating web calendar and website pages
- Perform other duties as assigned
In addition to meeting fully its obligations under federal and state law, Associated Students, Inc. is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can live and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to economic status, ethnic background, political views, sexual orientation, or other personal characteristics or beliefs.
An Equal Opportunity/Title IX Employer:
Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be provided to individuals with protected disabilities to (a) complete the employment process and (b) perform essential job when this does not cause an undue hardship.
How to Apply:
Please go to our website to download the ASI Part-time Student Assistant Application. Submit a completed application, cover letter, and resume by the closing date to the ASI Administrative Office, U-SU Room 203.
If you have, any questions give us a call at 323-343-4778.
|PROGRAMMING & MARKETING ADVISOR 2018||32.19 KB|