Please submit a cover letter, resume, and application to the ASI Administrative Office, U-SU 203. Applications received by Thursday, May 31, 2018 receive priority.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO THE OFFICE MANAGER
- Rate: $11.50 - $13.50 hourly
- Workweek Class: Non-Exempt
- Classification: Student Assistant III
- Work Schedule: Up to 20 hours per week as developed with the Office Manager for Administration and Services
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Office Manager for Administration and Services assisting with the maintenance and development of administrative and clerical daily functions. The Assistant will also assist with various other aspects of relating to the dissemination of information, budget related tasks and providing administrative support to the Office Manager for Administration and Services in a primarily self-directed environment. Candidate must have a working knowledge of the concept of confidentiality.
Executive Director and Office Manager for Administration and Services
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This student position has an At-Will employment status. Continued employment in this position is dependent upon the mutual consent of the Associated Students, Inc. and the employee. ASI or the employee can terminate the relationship at any time (which may or may not be subject to a fourteen-day notice).
- Willing to work with an ethnically diverse and culturally
- pluralistic student body and staff
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills
- Proven ability to work independently and possesses the ability to work as part of a team
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Related classroom experience preferred (i.e. Social Sciences, Management, Personnel, and Non-profit etc.)
- Typing, word processing and ten key skills preferred
- Detail oriented
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and multi-task
- Maintain resource, vendor, and administrative files
- Customer service skills and positive attitude
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Assist with preparation of Requests for Payment or Purchase (RPP"s)
- Assist with semester staff meeting set ups, agendas etc.
- Assist with transcription of ASI Board, Executive, and Personnel meeting minutes
- Assist with various account reconciliations
- Assists the Office Manager for Administration and Services with other special projects as needed
- Perform general clerical support to Office Manager for Administration and Services and Executive Director
- Performs administrative, clerical and customer services duties as assigned
The successful candidate also must have the ability to: maintain a neat appearance as a representative of the Associated Students, Inc., handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and meet deadlines in a rapidly changing environment, and exercise sound judgment.
An Equal Opportunity/Title IX Employer
Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be provided to individuals with protected disabilities to (a) complete the employment process and (b) perform essential job when this does not cause an undue hardship.
How to Apply:
Please go to our website to download an application http://asicsula.org/about/employment . Submit a completed application, cover letter, and resume by the closing date to the A.S.I. Administrative Office, U-SU Room 203.
If you have any questions give us a call at 323-343-4778.
|Administrative Assistant to the Office Manager 2018||28.76 KB|