Please submit a cover letter, resume, and application to the ASI Administrative Office, U-SU 203.
Applications received by Friday, June 29, 2018 receive priority.
- Rate: $11.50 - $13.50 hourly
- Workweek Class: Non-Exempt
- Work Schedule: Part-time; 20 hours weekly
- Classification: Student Assistant II
GENERAL STATEMENT: The Executive Assistant is responsible for managing the office of the ASI President, developing efficient systems for the handling of weekly, monthly and annual reports, and providing administrative support to the ASI President in a primarily self-directed environment.
RESPONSIBLE TO: ASI President and ASI Executive Director
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Continued employment in this position is dependent upon the mutual consent of the Associated Students, Inc. and the employee. Either ASI or the employee can at any time, with a fourteen-day notice, terminate the employment relationship at will.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Proven leadership and organizational skills
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Ability to manage several projects at one give time
- Takes initiative on assignments
- Computer skills with the ability to use a variety of software programs including database and spreadsheets
- Ability to create and maintain accurate records of customer interactions, cash handling, and general work activities
- Ability to operate independently when making decisions and problem solving.
- Takes dictation & transcription
The successful candidate also must have the ability to: maintain a neat appearance as a representative of the Associated Students, Inc., handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and meet deadlines in a rapidly changing environment, and exercise sound judgment.
Experience with PC, Microsoft Office.
PREFERRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to type and transpose information accurately for forms and meme completion
- Interact effectively in one-on-one setting
- Communicate and interact cordially, politely, and professionally
- Complete incident reports for accidents, injuries, etc., as required
- Insure prompt and efficient customer service
- Learn and abide by ASI, University, and state employment practices
- Follow ASI filling system for records, documents, etc.
- Provide general clerical support for ASI President
- Trouble shooting of the highest levels of customer service possible
- Experience and ability to use Dragon Speak, Natural Speak, and be familiar with optical character recognition software applications preferred.
- Scan documents into PDF then format to be a readable document via Dragon software
- Other duties as assigned
In addition to meeting fully its obligations under federal and state law, Associated Students, Inc. is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can live and work in an atmosphere of committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can live and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to economic status, ethnic background, political views, sexual orientation, or other personal characteristics or beliefs.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please download an application from our website at http://asicalstatela.org/about/employment
Turn your part-time application, resume, and cover letter into the A.S.I. Administrative Office, U-SU Room 203. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
An Equal Opportunity/Title IX Employer - Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be provided to individuals with protected disabilities to (a) complete the employment process and (b) perform essential job when this does not cause an undue hardship.
How to Apply: Please go to our website to download an application https://asicalstatela.org/about-us/employment-opportunities. Submit a completed application, cover letter, and resume by the closing date to the ASI Administrative Office, U-SU Room 203.
If you have any questions give us a call at 323-343-4778.
|EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE ASI PRESIDENT 2018||62.18 KB|