Graphic Design & Production Assistant
RATE: $14.25 - $16.00 Hourly
WORKWEEK CLASS: Non-Exempt
WORK SCHEDULE: Part-time; 20 hours/week
TRAINING PERIOD: Two month with possibility of extension
The Graphic Design & Production Assistant is responsible for the creation, development and distribution of ASI marketing collateral and digital advertising. In addition, they will be responsible for assisting and print production and posting ASI advertisement. This person must be a highly motivated and a creative individual looking to broaden their experience in design and clerical production.
ASI Graphics & Marketing Coordinator
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Continued employment in this position is dependent upon the mutual consent of ASI and the employee. The condition of employment for this position is such that the employee can be terminated by the Executive Director at will.
SPECIFIC ABILITIES, SKILLS AND/OR KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Must be knowledgeable of design fundamentals such as: layout, color theory, and typography.
- Must have Knowledge of Adobe software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign Acrobat.
- Knowledgeable of print procedures preferred
- Strong communication, time management, and critical thinking skills
- Perform routine clerical work
- Print & Scan knowledge is required.
- Strong organizational skills and very detailed oriented
- Physical activities on a regular basis a must, including campus-wide posting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- A working portfolio is required.
The successful candidate also must have the ability to: handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and meet deadlines in a rapidly changing environment; coordinate and prioritize workload of clerical support; exercise sound judgment, discretion and initiative.
- Assist in the creation and development of ASI advertisement and promotional campaigns.
- Assist with ASI Marketing Distribution Plan.
- Assist in print production such as binding, trimming and mounting.
- Perform effective customer service, to include answering telephones.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Maintain strict adherence to safety procedures.
- Assist in the planning, and execution, of major programs and events.
- Maintain the ASI Bulletin Board and unit storage area.
- Perform and attend events as assigned.
- Assist with recruitment of volunteer opportunities for Cal State LA students in ASI.
- Attend bi-weekly staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven leadership and organizational skills
- Able to schedule and prioritize multiple task and deadlines
- Must be able to work in a diverse and team-oriented environment.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Ability to operate independently when making decisions and problem solving
- Has the ability to interact effectively in a one-on-one setting with staff and customers
An Equal Opportunity/Title IX Employer
In addition to meeting fully its obligations under federal and state law, Associated Students, Inc. is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can live and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to economic status, ethnic background, political views, sexual orientation, or other personal characteristics or beliefs.
An Equal Opportunity/Title IX Employer:
Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be provided to individuals with protected disabilities to (a) complete the employment process and (b) perform essential job when this does not cause an undue hardship.
How to Apply:
Please go to our website to download the ASI Part-time Student Assistant Application. Submit a completed application, cover letter, and resume by the closing date to the ASI Administrative Office, U-SU Room 203. If you have any questions, give us a call at 323-343-4778.
|Graphic Design & Production Assistant | Job Description||116.56 KB|