ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES ASSISTANT
RATE: $14.25 - $15.25 Hourly
WORKWEEK CLASS: Non-Exempt
WORK SCHEDULE: Part-time; 20 hours/week
Classification: Student Assistant Level I
Application Deadline: September 20, 2019
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated Cal State LA student to join our ASI team. In this position, you will play a key role by performing various administrative and clerical tasks. You should be comfortable undertaking a variety of activities in the office, including filing, answering the phone, organizing documents, basic bookkeeping, and more. Reliability and a strong work ethic combined with great communication skills are a must, as well as familiarity with all necessary office equipment, software, and procedures.
ASI Office Manager of Administration & Service and the ASI Executive Director
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Continued employment in this position is dependent upon the mutual consent of the Associated Students, Inc. and the employee. The condition of employment for this position is such that the employee can be terminated by the ASI at will. This position is also subject to a 90-day probationary period.
SPECIFIC ABILITIES, SKILLS AND/OR KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful work experience in a front office setting or in another clerical position
- Strong working knowledge of office procedures and basic accounting principles
- Ability to effectively use and maintain office equipment
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Outstanding communication skills
- Great organizational and multitasking abilities
- Provide positive customer service to the University Community and set a positive office atmosphere
- Answer inquiries about Associated Students, Inc. organization and University Campus Community
- Ability to provide referrals to the appropriate University departments and offices
- Answer the phone, take messages, and redirect calls to appropriate offices.
- Monitor and maintain the office sign-in log sheets.
- Schedule appointments, meetings and conference room usage.
- Setup Conference room for meetings
- Ability to prioritize and keep information about daily ASI activities and events
- Ability to multi-task various projects/tasks simultaneously, set priorities and meet deadlines in a rapidly changing environment, and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to prepare routine correspondence and other materials from rough draft to finish copy
- Organize and maintain files and records; update when necessary
- Create and maintain updated documents and spreadsheets
- Log-in, sort, and distribute incoming mail and parcels
- Maintain tracker of outgoing and incoming documents
- Prepare outgoing mail (envelopes, packages, etc.)
- Send emails and faxes
- Operate office equipment, such as photocopier, printers, fax, etc.
- Perform basic bookkeeping, filing, issue checks, and other clerical duties
- Transcribe and prepare meeting minutes from draft to certified copies
- Perform inventory of office supplies and order what is needed
An Equal Opportunity/Title IX Employer
In addition to meeting fully its obligations under federal and state law, Associated Students, Inc. is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can live and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to economic status, ethnic background, political views, sexual orientation, or other personal characteristics or beliefs.
Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be provided to individuals with protected disabilities to (a) complete the employment process and (b) perform essential job duties when this does not cause an undue hardship.
Associated Students, Inc.
Room 203 • University-Student Union
If you have any questions please call us at 323-343-4778.
|Administrative Service Assistant Job Post||104.02 KB|