Web Designer & Social Media Technician
RATE: $15.50 - $17.00 Hourly
WORKWEEK CLASS: Non-Exempt
WORK SCHEDULE: Part-time; 15 - 20 hours/week
Note: Must be a current Cal State LA Student
Under the direction of the Director of Graphics & Marketing Coordinator, the Web Designer & Social Media Technician is primarily responsible for the creation, implementation, and daily management of the ASI website, app and Social Media Networks. This person must be a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual looking to gain experience with the overall marketing, public relations, and promotional efforts for Associated Students, Inc.
REPORTS TO: Director of Graphics & Marketing
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Continued employment in this position is dependent upon the mutual consent of ASI and the employee. The condition of employment for this position is such that the employee can be terminated at will.
SPECIFIC ABILITIES, SKILLS AND/OR KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Must have Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be organize, detail oriented, able to take the initiative and work well with limited supervision.
- Must be able to work in a diverse and team-oriented environment.
- Experience in planning, promoting and/or executing special events preferred.
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS, and experience in Drupal 6 Content Management Required.
- Must be able to work in a cross-platform environment (Mac & PC)
- Must be highly knowledgeable of Social media promotional and technical aspects.
- Review and update website regularly to ensure all content is up to date.
- Manage the ASI website, app and social media outlets on a constant basis.
- Work with ASI staff and student leadership on publicity plans for each of the respective areas.
- Develop online advertisements that correspond to ASI collateral material.
- Create and maintain online forms and conduct online assessments and surveys as assigned.
- Develop images for web optimization formats.
- Maintain monthly statistical reports regarding website traffic and user information.
- Execute website security violation checks, reports, and enforce security policy.
- Attend the annual ASI leadership retreats.
- Perform effective customer service, to include answering telephones and helping customers.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Maintain strict adherence to safety procedures. Coordinate and/or attend scheduled safety meetings.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Assist with ASI Marketing Distribution Plan (delivering and posting).
- Other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven leadership and organizational skills
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Ability to operate independently when making decisions and problem solving
- Has the ability to interact effectively in a one-on-one setting with staff and customers
An Equal Opportunity/Title IX Employer
In addition to meeting fully its obligations under federal and state law, Associated Students, Inc. is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can live and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to economic status, ethnic background, political views, sexual orientation, or other personal characteristics or beliefs.
Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be provided to individuals with protected disabilities to (a) complete the employment process and (b) perform essential job duties when this does not cause an undue hardship.
Please apply through handshake.
|ASI Web Designer and Social media Tech||127.46 KB|