Rate: $15.50 per hour
Class: Student Employee, Non- Exempt
Level: Student Assistant Level II
Work Schedule: Part-time; pre-determined schedule up to 20 hours per week
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Administrative Coordinator assisting with the maintenance and development of daily administrative and clerical functions. The Administrative Assistant will assist with various aspects relating to the dissemination of information, budget related tasks, and providing administrative support to the ASI full-time staff in a primarily self-directed environment. Candidate must have a working knowledge of the concept of confidentiality.
RESPONSIBLE TO: ASI Associate Executive Director
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be a currently enrolled student at Cal State LA
- Must have and maintain a 2.0 GPA (semester and cumulative)
- Experience working in an office setting conducting clerical work preferred
- Proven ability to work independently and possesses the ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and multi-task
- Willing to work with an ethnically diverse and culturally pluralistic student body and staff
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and willingness to learn
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Prepare Requests for Payments Processing (RPP) for purchases, credit card statements, university department, and external invoices, in a timely manner for review by Administrative Coordinator.
- Process the deposit of checks payable to Associated Students, Inc. with University Cashiers.
- Enter data and assist Administrative Coordinator with the recordkeeping of ASI business and operations.
- Prepare Hospitality Forms and Food Permits in a timely manner for review by Administrative Coordinator.
- Maintain resource, vendor, and administrative files
- Prepare ASI Executive Officers, Board of Director, and Staff Travel Requests and Travel Claims in a timely manner for review by Administrative Coordinator.
- Support the Administrative Coordinator in the coordination of ASI services
- Assist with the ASI Office and Equipment Asset Inventory.
- Assist in planning and scheduling staff meetings including set-up, agendas, etc.
- Process Club Funding Requests to include, but not limited to, Award Letters and processing of RPP’s for Clubs and Organizations.
- Assists the Associate Executive Director and Administrative Coordinator with other special projects as needed.
- Provide general clerical support for the full-time ASI staff
- Maintain a neat appearance as a representative of the Associated Students, Inc.
- Ability to multi-task various projects/tasks simultaneously, and exercise sound judgment to set priorities and meet deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- Perform administrative, clerical, and customer service duties as assigned
|administrative assistant||517.61 KB|