Social Media and Outreach Assistant
RATE: $16.25 – $17.00 Hourly
WORKWEEK CLASS: Non-Exempt
WORK SCHEDULE: Part-time; 15 - 20 hours/week
Under the direction of the Director or Graphics & Marketing the Social Media and Outreach Assistant is responsible for monitoring multiple social media platforms and participating in campus outreach activities as a representative of Associated Students, Inc. Candidate must be a team player with above average computer skills, has excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong writing ability, and demonstrate the willingness to effectively work with a multicultural campus population. Applicant for the position must be creative, enthusiastic, outgoing, reliable, cooperative, able to take initiative, willing to learn new skills and concepts, able to follow set guidelines and at the same time being flexible and can adapt to unexpected changes and circumstances. Candidate must be up-to-date with social media platforms, tools, marketing trends, including graphical applications such as Premiere, after effects, photoshop and Illustrator.
Director of Graphics & Marketing
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Continued employment in this position is dependent upon the mutual consent of ASI and the employee. The condition of employment for this position is such that the employee can be terminated at will.
SPECIFIC ABILITIES, SKILLS AND/OR KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Must have Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation, and communication skills
- Candidate must be willing to present to over 100+ students or staff
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the U-SU policy for each community
- Must be organize, detail oriented, able to take the initiative and work well with limited supervision.
- Must be able to work in a diverse and team-oriented environment.
- Experience in planning, promoting and/or executing special events preferred.
- Must be able to work in a cross-platform environment (Mac & PC)
- Must be highly knowledgeable of social media promotional and technical aspects.
- Responsible for social media interactions across multiple social media platforms including, but not limited to, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Assist in tracking social media user engagement activities using various analytics tools and create regular and on- demand reports for management.
- Help identify new opportunities to promote growth on social media sites.
- Develop and modifying content which can include creating regular online posts, blogging, short videos, slideshows, and graphics to promote ASI services.
- Possess excellent presentation skills.
- Actively research and participate in campus outreach activities (e.g., information booth, university orientation, campus events, outdoor outreach promotion and online and in person presentation, etc.) Maintain a calendar of social media and campus outreach activities and upcoming plans.
- Be responsible and knowledgeable about on-going ASI projects, resources, and services.
- Distribute advertising materials to faculty members, academic departments, administrative offices, and student groups and organizations.
- Maintain a professional and courteous online presence when engaging with users on social media sites.
- Maintain a neat and orderly working environment, including professionalism and courtesy.
- Collaborate with other university departments to keep up-to-date on other social media and promotional efforts.
- Attend the annual ASI leadership retreats.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of video editing software
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Ability to operate independently when making decisions and problem solving
- Has the ability to interact effectively in a one-on-one setting with staff and customers
An Equal Opportunity/Title IX Employer
In addition to meeting fully its obligations under federal and state law, Associated Students, Inc. is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can live and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to economic status, ethnic background, political views, sexual orientation, or other personal characteristics or beliefs.
Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be provided to individuals with protected disabilities to (a) complete the employment process and (b) perform essential job duties when this does not cause an undue hardship.
Please apply through handshake. If you have any questions or to email your application, please contact the Director of Graphics & Marketing at
|Job Description||192.05 KB|