Regularly Meets On:
Executive Secretary: Jennifer Miller, Dean of Students
Student Educational Equity Advisory Committee to the Vice President for Student Life studies, recommends, and acts as the principal advisory body on all matters pertaining to student educational equity. The committee will address the underrepresentation of certain groups as characterized by socioeconomic and demographic factors. It is the purpose of the committee to promote efforts by the University to provide meaningful educational access to heretofore underrepresented populations and maximize supportive services to improve student retention and graduation rates. To meet these objectives, the Advisory Committee on Student Educational Equity will:
Develop and recommend policy on matters relating to educational equity.
- Advise the Vice President for Student Life on outreach program matters relating to educational equity.
- Recommend strategies that will foster the recruitment and retention of underrepresented groups that otherwise might not consider post- secondary education, with appropriate attention devoted to student achievement and successful matriculation.
- Recommend strategies for the collection and dissemination of educational equity information to academic departments/divisions/schools, administrative offices, and supportive service groups that will enhance University endeavors.
- Encourage the development of cooperative educational equity efforts among educational institutions and public and private agencies.
- Carry out other tasks related to educational equity as requested by the Vice President for Student Life.
A.S.I. Committee Goals and Expectations
- Encourage the development of programs and policies that provide educational access and equity to current and incoming students at Cal State LA.
- Encourage the development of outreach and recruitment to qualified and underrepresented students to attend Cal State LA.
- Encourage the retention of underrepresented students to pursue their education at Cal State LA.