Welcome to the 2018 General Election
Thank you for visiting the 2018 General Election site. I'm Adriana, your Election and Orientation Commissioner. I'm here to ensure a fun and joyous time as you run for a student government position. Please review the information below for the most up-to-date candidate information. As you think about candidacy, voting, etc. please do not hesitate to contact me or one of our Election Committee Members.
Best of Luck,
ASI Election & Orientation Commissioner 2017-2018
After reading ALL of the information below you can access the General Election Online Application here:
What is the ASI General Election?
Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) is governed by the ASI Board of Directors. The ASI Board of Directors and professional staff manage the day-to-day operations of the corporation providing Cal State L.A. students, faculty, and staff dynamic programs and services. The General Election is a formal process to elect the following academic year Board of Directors, Senators, and Representatives-at-Large. Applications can be filed between January 2, 2018 and February 8, 2018.
We encourage any interested student to pursue candidacy for elected student positions on the ASI Board of Directors and Cal State LA Academic Senate by filing the Candidate Elections Packet by the required deadline.
"So, Now You Want to Run" Candidate Workshops
Are you interested in running for a position? Not sure where to start? Stop by an information session to learn about the election process, available positions, and much, much more. If you are not able to make a session please email me to set up a private appointment ASIEOC@calstatela.edu .
Wednesday, January 24. Montebello Room, University-Student Union. 11:30am - 1pm
Friday, February 2. Montebello Room, University-Student Union, 10:00am - 11:30am
Monday, February 5. Montebello Room, University-Student Union, 2pm - 3:30pm
Available Positions, Election Code of Procedure, & Key Policies
- Vice President for Administration
- Vice President for Academic Governance
- Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement
- Vice President for Finance
- College of Arts & Letters Representative (2 positions)
- College of Business & Economics Representative (2 positions)
- Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services Representative (2 positions)
- College of Natural & Social Sciences Representative (2 positions)
- Charter College of Education Representative (2 positions)
- College of Engineering, Computer Science, & Technology Representative (2 positions)
- Diversity Inclusion Officer - Representative-at-Large
- Civic Engagement Officer - Representative-at-Large
- Undergraduate Academic Senator (3 positions)
- Graduate Academic Senator (2 positions)
Election Code of Procedure, & Key Policies to Review:
- Elections Committee Code of Procedure - Policy 004
- ASI Bylaws - Policy 001
- ASI Board of Director Code of Procedure - Policy 002
- Cabinet of Academic Senators Code of Procedure - Policy 015
- Shared Governance Council Code of Procedure - Policy 023
ASI Student Government General Election Member Meeting Requirements
Mandatory Candidate Deadlines, Events, & Forms
Are you ready to apply? Please complete an Official Letter Of Intent & look out for an email confirmation.
Applications Available Online
Tuesday, January 2
- Applications Avaliable Online
Deadline for Application Online Submission
- Thursday, February 8
Mandatory Candidate Briefing (please only attend one briefing)
Thursday, March 8, 5:45 pm-7:30 pm
Location: Administration 313
Friday, March 9, 10:15 am- 12 pm
Location: Administration 313
Candidates Can Campaign
- Monday, March 12 - Wednesday, April 25, 2018
Candidate Debate/Q&A Session #1
Wednesday, April 4
- 1pm • Main Walkway Farmers Market Triangle
The following candidates will debate: College Representatives
The College Representatives are a dynamic group of student advocates focused on college enrichment, advocacy, and developing leadership opportunities for students. Join us as we watch them debate current college issues and share their hopes for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Candidate Meet & Greet
Thursday, April 5
- 2pm to 4pm • U-SU Plaza
Join ASI Election Candidates and the University-Student Union Board of Director Candidates as they showcase their platforms, share their goals, and introduce themselves to the campus community. Golden Eagle Radio will be spinning while you grab food from local vendors.
Candidate Debate/Q&A Session #2
Tuesday, April 10
- 12:30pm to 2pm • The King Hall Walkway
The following candidates will debate: Academic Senators and Reps-at-Large
The Academic Senators and Reps-at-Large focus on: policy review in the University Academic Senate, issues facing the Cal State LA community, and collaboration and outreach in the Greater Los Angeles Area. Join us as we watch them debate current policies, practices, and goals for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Candidate Debate/Q&A Session #3 - Presidental & Executive Officers
Wednesday, April 18
- 5pm - 7:30pm • University Student Union, Theatre Rm 105
The ASI Executives are your top tier representatives on campus, in the larger community, and at the State level. ASI is hosting this special debate and providing an exclusive platform for the executive board candidates. The following candidates will debate: Presidents, Vice Presidents, and Secretaryies/Treasurers.
Tuesday, April 24 - Wednesday, April 25
- 9am to 7pm • Online via GET (Golden Eagle Territory) Registration System
Your Voice, Your Vote! Vote online for your student representatives through the Cal State LA Golden Eagle Territory (G.E.T.) system. Check your NIS Cal State LA email for more details regarding the ASI General Election. Get involved! Be heard! Win prizes!
Election Results Announcement Party
Thursday, April 26
- 4pm • University Student Union Plaza
Meet and mingle with your newly elected 2018-2019 ASI Administration and University-Student Union Board of Directors.
These forms may be used throughout the election. You will be notified of which to submit during the Candidate Briefing.