Expectations of Interim Executive Director are to:
- Serve as the Chief Operations Officer with administration and management oversight of all organization departments.
- Advise on program, facilities and fiscal matters, in compliance with campus and California State University policies and procedures as well as applicable state and federal regulations.
- Manage all personnel matters, including recruitment, selection, training, evaluation, retention and development.
- Collaborate with the Department of Risk Management to implement the University's Emergency Preparedness policies and procedures, while maintaining the organization's business continuity plan.
- Create and maintain comprehensive and accurate accounting and purchasing policies and procedures.
- Develop, implement and monitor the annual budget with regular reports to the University President.
- Negotiate approval and implementation of all contracts with external, campus and system-wide agencies, including those for space leases, vendors and service providers.
- Ensure all investments and employee benefits comply with state laws, University policies and industry standards.
- Assist with and respond to both internal and external audits to ensure compliance and best practice.
- Develop broad and department-specific strategic plans with benchmarking components and assessment reports.
- Conduct company performance assessment and improvement studies to improve facilities, programs and services.
- Utilize theories, practices and principles of student development to create leadership training opportunities in order to achieve learning outcomes.
- Foster a close working relationship with Housing and Residence Life, Student Health Center, Public Safety, Alumni Association, Administration and Finance, Division of Student Life and Division of Academic Affairs.
- Serve on higher education committees and association boards at the campus, system-wide, state and national levels and act as the organization's representative to public and private organizations.
Marcus A. Rodriguez is a seasoned student affairs professional and non-profit executive specializing in identity building and civic engagement with a focus on cross-sector leadership development. Curriculum Focus: Meaning-Making and Transformative Learning
- ASI Board of Directors
- ASI Bylaws and Codes of Procedures
- ASI Strategic Planning Committee
- Cabinet of Academic Senators
- Cabinet of College Representatives
- Cabinet of Commissioners
- Environmental Policy Committee
- Executive Committee
- Finance Committee
- Judicial Review Committee
- Legislative Affairs & Advocacy Committee
- Personnel Committee
- Shared Governance Council