Date / Time:
|VPEAA Suggestions Policy 014 - Legislative Affairs Advocacy Committee COP - REVISED 160211||89.93 KB|
What is the Legislative Affairs Committee?
The Legislative Affairs Committee's charge is to review, research, and make recommendations on, but not limited to, legislation emanating from the California State Legislature and United States Congress. This is an A.S.I. Internal Committee.
What does the Legislative Affairs Committee do?
It shall be the purpose and function of the Legislative Affairs Committee to:
- Recommend a list of legislative priorities and recommended action to the B.O.D. for approval by the third regularly scheduled meeting of the year.
- Create a plan to manage the legislative agenda and other issues deemed appropriate by the committee chair or the B.O.D.
- Coordinate all A.S.I.'s Lobby Corps efforts.
What is the composition of the Legislative Affairs Committee?
- The Legislative Affairs Committee is composed of 13 voting members and 2 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following positions:
- Five (5) regular student members of A.S.I. as defined in the Bylaws (voting)
Duties and Responsibilities
For more information go to Administrative Governing Policies 000-022 and review Policy 014 Legislative Affairs Committee Code of Procedures.