Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items:
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Adoption of Agenda for Tuesday, July 11, 2017
- d. Approval of Minutes for Tuesday, June 27, 2017
II. Public Forum/Announcement:
- This time is allotted for members of the public or representatives to make announcements to the executive committee members
III. New Business
a. Policy Review
i. Board of Directors Code of Procedure Policy 002
- i. Report System - The Executive Committee will discuss a recommendation to the Board of Directors on incorporating the Report systems into Policy 002.
ii. Grant-In-Aid Policy 005- The committee will review the Grant-In-Aid Policy 005.
iii. Eligibility - Policy 009- The Executive Committee will review the policy.
iv. Attendance and Absenteeism - Policy 010- The Executive Committee will review the policy.
v. A.S.I. Officer Performance Review and Removal Procedure - Policy 020.
b. BOD Agenda - The committee will discuss potential agenda items for the next BOD.
- i. Appointments
a. A.S.I. Restructure -The Executive Committee will discuss a recommendation to the Board of Directors on a restructure of the A.S.I. Student Government.
- i. A.S.I. Bylaws - Policy 001- The Executive Committee will review the policy.
b. Priority Brainstorm Session - The Executive Committee will discuss and brainstorm priorities for A.S.I. for the 2017-18 school year.
a. A.S.I. Workflow & Bi-Weekly Ad Hoc Committee - The Executive Committee will take action on reinstating the Ad Hoc Committee to address the following:
- i. Streamlining the biweekly, state of affairs and transitional folders expectations
- ii. assessing current workflow requirements of A.S.I. members,
- iii. moving the biweekly reporting process online, and
- iv. assessing current compensation metrics for A.S.I. members
- a. A.S.I President: David Zitser
- b. A.S.I Vice President for Administration: David Garcia
- c. A.S.I Vice President for Academic Governance: Neyda Umana
- d. A.S.I Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- e. A.S.I. Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement: Marcos Montes
- f. A.S.I Secretary/ Treasurer: Jazmin Ortiz
- g. A.S.I. Board of Directors
- h. A.S.I. Staff : Intef W. Weser and Marcus Rodriguez
- i. University Designee: Dr. Jennifer Miller, Dean of Students
VII. Old Business
The Executive Committee coordinates the information, programs, projects, and problems to be considered by the Associated Students, Inc. Board of Directors. The Executive Committee shall also provide general policy guidelines, and make specific policy decisions, in place of the entire Board of Directors only when the BOD cannot be called together to act on an emergency matter.
All policy decisions of the Executive Committee shall be reported to the BOD and may be overturned by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the BOD present at the meeting.
The Executive Committee shall be composed of eight (8) voting and four (4) non-voting members.
- A. ASI President, who shall serve as chair
- B. ASI Vice President for Administration, who shall serve as vice-chair
- C. ASI Vice President for Finance
- D. ASI Vice President for Academic Governance
- E. ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- F. ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- G. Three (3) members of the BOD appointed by the ASI President with a simple majority consent
- of the BOD
- G. ASI Executive Director (non-voting)
- H. ASI Assistant Director (recording secretary) (non-voting)
- I. ASI Director of Programs and Leadership (non-voting)
- J. University President or designee (non-voting)