Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
- c. Adoption of Agenda for September 11, 2017
- d. Adoption of Minutes for May 8, 2017
- e. Adoption of Minutes for August 28, 2017
II. Public Forum/Announcement
- a. This time is allotted for members of the public or representatives to make announcements to the bylaws committee members.
III. Old Business
- a. Review Policy 218 - Bylaws committee members will review and act on recommended edits to the Referendum Guidelines.
- b. Review Policy 101 - Bylaws committee members will review and act on recommended edtis to the Personnel Committee Code of Procedure.
c. Review Policy 005 - Bylaws committee members will review and act on recommended edits to the Grant-In-Aid policy.
d. Review Policy 302 - Bylaws committee members will review and recommend edits to the Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Sub-Committee Code of Procedure.
- e. Review Policy 003 - Bylaws committee members will review and act on recommended edits to the Executive Committee Code of Procedure.
V. New Business
a. Removal of Appointed Members Language in Governing Codes of Procedures - The committee will review the language regarding removal of appointed members reflected in each Code of Procedures addressing allowable consecutive unexcused absences, unexcused absences, unexcused tardies, or unexcused early departures during any one (1) semester.
- a. Parliamentarian Committee Schedule - Justices will establish their committee schedule for the semester.
- b. Construct Committee Goals and Expectations - Bylaws committee members will establish committee goals and expectations for the year.
- a. Chief Justice
- b. Associate Justices
- c. Elections and Orientation Commissioner
- d. A.S.I. Staff: Intef W. Weser
|Policy 005 Adm - Grant-In-Aid 7.24.17||353.7 KB|
|Policy 302 - Bylaws Codes of Procedure Sub-Committee COP revise pending 11.30.16||109.48 KB|
|Removal Process Breakdown by Committee||57.36 KB|
Regularly Meets On:
The Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee of the Associated Students, Incorporated (A.S.I.) of California State University, Los Angeles. It shall be the purpose and function of the Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee to ensure that the governing documents, policies and procedures of A.S.I. are in compliance with Title V of the Administrative Code of the State of California, Policy and Directives of the Board of Trustees of the California State University, Policies of the CSLA, the Articles of Incorporation, and the Bylaws.
What is the composition of the A.S.I. Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee?
The Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Committee shall be composed of 7 voting and 3 non-voting members.
- The entire membership of the Judicial Review Committee as delineated in the A.S.I. Bylaws (4 voting, 2 alternate)
- The A.S.I. Elections Commissioner
- A member of the BOD appointed by the A.S.I. President with a simple majority consent of the BOD
- One student recommended by the Chief Justice to the A.S.I. President with a simple majority consent of the BOD
- Associated Students Executive Director (non-voting)
- University President or designee (non-voting)
- Student Program Advisor (non-voting)