Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Approval of Agenda for Thursday, May 11, 2017
- d. Approval of Minutes for Thursday, May 4, 2017
- e. Approval of Minutes for Thursday, April 27, 2017
- f. Approval of Minutes for Thursday, Apiril 20, 2017
II. Public Forum - Allotted time for members of the public to address the Board of Directors.
III. Special Presentation:
- a. CSSA Presentation - The CSSA Executive Director Dr. Rob Shorette II, will share an update on the status of CSSA and offer a look into the future. Time Certain 4:45 pm
IV. Old Business
- a. Action Item: (Closed Session) A.S.I. Executive Director Evaluation: the board will review and take action on the recommended evaluation of the Executive Director. Time Certain 5:20 pm
V. New Business:
a. Action Item: 9&3 Budget Review - the Board will review and take action on the 9&3 Budget Review.
b. Action Item: University Support discussion regarding the Anna Bing Arnolds Children's' Center (ABACC) and MOU Funding Recommendation - The Board will consider and take action on long term recommendations regarding how A.S.I. will fund the center.
c. Action Item - Policy Review
- Policy Review: Policy 208 Risk Management - The Board will review and take actions on recommended changes to meet a CO Audit request. Approved by Finance Committee and Bylaws.
d. Action Items: The Board will take action on the following recommended by the Strategic Plannig Committee:
1. Proposed Mission Statement - Current Mission Statement
- Since 1959, Associated Students, Inc. has promoted the establishment of, and provided the means for, effective avenues of student input into the governance of the campus; provided an official voice through which student opinion could be expressed; provided an opportunity where students could gain experience and training in responsible political participation and community leadership; assisted in the protection of the rights and interests of individual students; and stimulated the educational, social, physical and cultural well-being of the university community.
- Our current purpose/mission statement can be found here: https://asicalstatela.org/about-asi
- 2. Proposed Vision Statement for next five years - "Ignite potential and empower student voices"
- 3. Draft Key Initiatives.
- 1. Proposed Mission Statement - Current Mission Statement
- a. A.S.I. Layout of Events notice for Students with Visual Impairments - Kenya Maria Pineda, A.S.I. Charter College of Education Representative will present a proposal for A.S.I. to consider how our events and other may impact visually impaired students on campus.
VII. Information Items:
a. A.S.I. President: Kayla Stamps
- Presidential's Farwell address
- b. A.S.I. Vice President for Administration: Leopoldo Saldana
- c. A.S.I. Vice President for Academic Governance: John Martinez
- d. A.S.I. Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- e. A.S.I. Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement: Marcos Montes
- f. A.S.I Secretary/ Treasurer: Bonnie Lee
- g. A.S.I. Chief Justice: Jeovany Aguilar
- h. A.S.I. Board of Directors
- i. A.S.I. Staff
- j. University Designee: Dr. Jennifer Miller, Dean of Students
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (B.O.D.) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the A.S.I.
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership