Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Approval of Agenda for Thursday, May 11, 2017
- d. Approval of Minutes for Thursday, May 4, 2017
- e. Approval of Minutes for Thursday, April 27, 2017
- f. Approval of Minutes for Thursday, Apiril 20, 2017
II. Public Forum - Allotted time for members of the public to address the Board of Directors.
III. Special Presentation:
- a. CSSA Presentation - The CSSA Executive Director Dr. Rob Shorette II, will share an update on the status of CSSA and offer a look into the future. Time Certain 4:45 pm
IV. Old Business
- a. Action Item: (Closed Session) A.S.I. Executive Director Evaluation: the board will review and take action on the recommended evaluation of the Executive Director. Time Certain 5:20 pm
V. New Business:
a. Action Item: 9&3 Budget Review - the Board will review and take action on the 9&3 Budget Review.
b. Action Item: University Support discussion regarding the Anna Bing Arnolds Children's' Center (ABACC) and MOU Funding Recommendation - The Board will consider and take action on long term recommendations regarding how A.S.I. will fund the center.
c. Action Item - Policy Review
- Policy Review: Policy 208 Risk Management - The Board will review and take actions on recommended changes to meet a CO Audit request. Approved by Finance Committee and Bylaws.
d. Action Items: The Board will take action on the following recommended by the Strategic Plannig Committee:
1. Proposed Mission Statement - Current Mission Statement
- Since 1959, Associated Students, Inc. has promoted the establishment of, and provided the means for, effective avenues of student input into the governance of the campus; provided an official voice through which student opinion could be expressed; provided an opportunity where students could gain experience and training in responsible political participation and community leadership; assisted in the protection of the rights and interests of individual students; and stimulated the educational, social, physical and cultural well-being of the university community.
- Our current purpose/mission statement can be found here: https://asicalstatela.org/about-asi
- 2. Proposed Vision Statement for next five years - "Ignite potential and empower student voices"
- 3. Draft Key Initiatives.
- 1. Proposed Mission Statement - Current Mission Statement
- a. A.S.I. Layout of Events notice for Students with Visual Impairments - Kenya Maria Pineda, A.S.I. Charter College of Education Representative will present a proposal for A.S.I. to consider how our events and other may impact visually impaired students on campus.
VII. Information Items:
a. A.S.I. President: Kayla Stamps
- Presidential's Farwell address
- b. A.S.I. Vice President for Administration: Leopoldo Saldana
- c. A.S.I. Vice President for Academic Governance: John Martinez
- d. A.S.I. Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- e. A.S.I. Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement: Marcos Montes
- f. A.S.I Secretary/ Treasurer: Bonnie Lee
- g. A.S.I. Chief Justice: Jeovany Aguilar
- h. A.S.I. Board of Directors
- i. A.S.I. Staff
- j. University Designee: Dr. Jennifer Miller, Dean of Students
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (BOD) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the ASI
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership
The Board of Directors shall consist of the following directors elected by the Cal State LA student body, as specified in Article IV of the ASI Bylaws.
- ASI President
- ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- ASI Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Representative-at-Large
- ASI Civic Engagement Officer - Representative-at-Large
- Two (2) College of Arts & Letters Representatives
- Two (2) College of Business & Economics Representatives
- Two (2) Charter College of Education Representatives
- Two (2) College of Engineering, Computer Science, & Technology Representatives
- Two (2) Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services Representatives
- Two (2) College of Natural & Social Sciences Representatives
For more information regarding the role and function of the Board of Directors please review Policy 002 - Board of Directors Code of Procedure via this LINK.