Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Adoption of Agenda for Thursday, June 22, 2017
- d. Adoption of Minutes for Thursday, May 4, 2017
- e. Adoption of Minutes for Thursday, May 11, 2017
II. Public Forum
- a. This time is allotted to members of the public to address the board.
III. Training Information Items:
- a. Parliamentary Procedure/Robert's Rules Review
IV. Action Items:
a. Appointment for Vacant A.S.I. and Campus Committee Positions - Board of Directors will appoint individuals to the following vacant A.S.I. and student committee positions.
- i. A.S.I. Board of Director Appointment(s)
- ii. Academic Senator(s) - Graduate and Undergraduate
- iii. A.S.I. Chief Justice and Associated Justice Appointment(s)
- iv. A.S.I. Vice Chair for Finance
- v. A.S.I. Commissioner Appointment(s)
- vi. University Wide Committee Appointment(s)
- vii. Internal Committee Appointment(s)
- a. A.S.I President: David Zitser
- b. A.S.I Vice President for Administration: David Garcia
- c. A.S.I Vice President for Academic Governance: Neyda Umana
- d. A.S.I Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- e. A.S.I. Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement: Marcos Montes
- f. A.S.I Secretary/ Treasurer: Jazmin Ortiz
- g. A.S.I. Board of Directors
- h. A.S.I. Staff : Intef W. Weser and Marcus Rodriguez
- i. University Designee: Dr. Jennifer Miller, Dean of Students
- a. Summer Training and Meeting Calendar Review - The Board will review the training and meeting calendar.
- b. Committee Membership Overview - The Board will review the vacant committee positions and discuss director expectations.
- c. A.S.I. Initiative Brainstorm 2017-18 - The Board will brainstorm initiatives to consider and focus on for this year.
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (BOD) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the ASI
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership
The Board of Directors shall consist of the following directors elected by the Cal State LA student body, as specified in Article IV of the ASI Bylaws.
- ASI President
- ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- ASI Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Representative-at-Large
- ASI Civic Engagement Officer - Representative-at-Large
- Two (2) College of Arts & Letters Representatives
- Two (2) College of Business & Economics Representatives
- Two (2) Charter College of Education Representatives
- Two (2) College of Engineering, Computer Science, & Technology Representatives
- Two (2) Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services Representatives
- Two (2) College of Natural & Social Sciences Representatives
For more information regarding the role and function of the Board of Directors please review Policy 002 - Board of Directors Code of Procedure via this LINK.