Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items:
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Adoption of agenda for Thursday, July 20, 2017
d. Adoption of Minutes for Thursday, July 6, 2017
II. Public Forum:
- a. This time is allotted to members of the public to address the board.
III. Standing Action Items:
- a. ALPFA - National Convention - 2017 - $2,392.85 - This Club Funding Request was reviewed by the Finance Committee and recommended for funding.
b. Appointment for Vacant A.S.I. and Campus Committee Positions - Board of Directors will appoint individuals to the following vacant A.S.I. and student committee positions.
- i. A.S.I. Associated Justice Appointment(s)
- ii. A.S.I. Commissioner Appointment(s)
- iii. Internal Committee Appointment(s)
iv. University Wide Committee Appointment(s)
a. A.S.I. President: David Zitser
b. A.S.I. Vice President for Administration: David Garcia
c. A.S.I. Vice President for Academic Governance: Neyda Umana
d. A.S.I. Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
e. A.S.I. Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement: Marcos Montes
f. A.S.I Secretary/ Treasurer: Jazmin Ortiz
g. A.S.I. Board of Directors
h. A.S.I. Staff : Intef W. Weser and Marcus Rodriguez
i. University Designee: Dr. Jennifer Miller, Dean of Students
V. Special Presentation:
- a. Expectations - The Board will discuss expectations of each other and the A.S.I. Staff
- b. Anna Bing Arnold Child Care Center - The Board will discuss A.S.I.'s next steps to resolve the conflict regarding the Anna Bing Arnold Child Care Center Budget Line item.
VII. Information Items:
- a. A.S.I. Workflow & Biweekly Committee - The Board will be formally informed of the Reenactment of the A.S.I. Workflow & Biweekly Committee
- b. Strategic Planning Committee- The Board will be briefed on the state of the A.S.I. Strategic Plan
- c. NASPA Western Regional Conference (WRC) Travel Approval - The committee will hear the University's position on 2017 WRC travel requests and exemption of ASI personnel serving on the WRC Planning Committee.
d. Review of the A.S.I. Initiatives & Proposals Calendar - The Board will review the A.S.I. Calendar
VIII. Old Business:
|David Zitser 7.20.17.pdf||120.94 KB|
|Aaron Castaneda 7.20.17.pdf||206.55 KB|
|Marcos Montes 7.20.17.pdf||209.08 KB|
|Application List.pdf||62.98 KB|
|Application Packet.pdf||473.75 KB|
|BOD MINUTES 7.6.17 DRAFT.pdf||212.02 KB|
|Board Member Reports.pdf||201.1 KB|
|Diana Pineda -Intercollegiate Athletics Board.pdf||145.88 KB|
|FALL INITIATIVES 2017||165.73 KB|
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (B.O.D.) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the A.S.I.
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership