Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items:
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Adoption of agenda for Thursday, July 6, 2017
d. Adoption of Minutes for Thursday, May 4, 2017
e. Approval of the Minutes for Thursday, June 22, 2017
II. Public Forum:
- a. This time is allotted to members of the public to address the board.
III. Standing Action Items:
a. Appointment for Vacant A.S.I. and Campus Committee Positions - Board of Directors will appoint individuals to the following vacant A.S.I. and student committee positions.
- i. A.S.I. Board of Director Appointment(s)
- ii. A.S.I. Associated Justice Appointment(s)
- iii. A.S.I. Commissioner Appointment(s)
- iv. A.S.I. Vice Chair for Finance
- v. Internal Committee Appointment(s)
vi. University Wide Committee Appointment(s)
- a. A.S.I President: David Zitser
- b. A.S.I Vice President for Administration: David Garcia
- c. A.S.I Vice President for Academic Governance: Neyda Umana
- d. A.S.I Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- e. A.S.I. Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement: Marcos Montes
- f. A.S.I Secretary/ Treasurer: Jazmin Ortiz
- g. A.S.I. Board of Directors
- h. A.S.I. Staff : Intef W. Weser and Marcus Rodriguez
- i. University Designee: Dr. Jennifer Miller, Dean of Students
V. Special Presentation:
a. Presentation regarding the Anna Bing Arnold Children Center: The Board will receive a historic review of A.S.I. support for the Children's Center via referendum.
- i. Requested change on the 2017/2018 Proposed Operating Budget: The Board of Directors will discuss a request made by University President Covino regarding the funding allocated toward the Anna Bing Arnold Children Center.
- a. MGO - Audit and Financial Statement Update - The committee will review the timeline for the audit of A.S.I. Financial Statements year ending June 30, 2017.
b. The Student Ambassador Positions - The Board will discuss the emergence of the Advisement & Recruitment Ambassador Positions.
- c. Committee Membership Overview - The Board will review the vacant committee positions and discuss director expectations.
- d. CSSA Plenary - The Board will discuss the possibility of hosting a CSSA meeting at Cal State LA
- e. Summer Training and Meeting Calendar Review - The Board will review the training and meeting calendar.
- f. A.S.I. Initiative Brainstorm 2017-18 - The Board will brainstorm initiatives to consider and focus on for this year.
VII. Old Business:
VIII. Information Items:
|Ambassador Recruitment 17-18 - Position description -Info Sheet Rev 06072017 (002)||53.34 KB|
|Jazmin Ortiz_ST_Biweekly Report||228.72 KB|
|Dvid Garcia VPA Biweekly Report 1||221.59 KB|
|David Zitser President Biweekly Report 7.6.17||226.67 KB|
|Neyda Umana - VPAG 7-3-17 Biweekly Report||223.49 KB|
|Aaron Castaneda Biweekly June 22-July 6||241.43 KB|
|Application Packet 7.6.17.pdf||562.85 KB|
|Applicant List 7.6.17.pdf||184.27 KB|
|BOD Minutes 6.22.17.pdf||231.09 KB|
|A.S.I. EO for Referenda of 88 and 96||343.35 KB|
|Updated A.S.I. Funding Pattern for Childrens Center Budget Numbers||104.6 KB|
|A.S.I. EO 369 Memoorandum and Supporting Exhibits||1.12 MB|
|Childrens Center A.S.I. Proposal 2017-18 final-all2||594.76 KB|
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (B.O.D.) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the A.S.I.
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership