Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items:
1.1 Call to Order
1.2 Roll Call
II. Public Forum:
2.1 This time is allotted for members of the public to make announcements and/or address the committee.
3.1 Vice President for Academic Governance
3.2 Academic Senators
3.3 Committee Representatives
IV. Old Business
4.1 Information Item - The council will receive an overview of the purpose for the Shared Governance Council, examine existing university committee/work group structures, and learn how to be an effective committee member from the VP for Academic Governance.
4.2 Discussion Item - The council will discuss and sign their respective committee member agreements.
4.3 Information Item - The committee will review Policy 023 - Shared Governance Council Code of Procedure.
4.4 Action Item - The council will elect the Vice Chair of the Shared Governance Council.
4.5 Preferred Name Policy - The council will receive an update on the status of the Preferred Name Policy in consideration by the Academic Senate.
V. New Business
5.1 Information Item - The council will receive information on the Open Deliberation: Advancing the Student Agenda at Cal State LA event on November 9, 2017.
5.2 Discussion Item - The council will discuss possible topics for the Open Deliberation event, as well as priorities for the Shared Governance Council for the 2017-2018 year.
6.1 Closing Comments
|ASI Governance and Administration of the University - 2017 (1)||2.58 MB|
|BOD AS Committee Agreement rev. 8.30.17||187.96 KB|
|General Student Committee Agreement rev. 8.30.17||188.11 KB|
|Preferred Name Policy||212.15 KB|
|A.S.I. Committee Report Form 2017-18||136.83 KB|
|A.S.I. Committee-list-7.31.17||419.26 KB|
The purpose and function of the Shared Governance Council (SGC) of the Associated Students, Inc. (A.S.I.) of California State University, Los Angeles.
- A. Review, research and make recommendations on, but not limited to, Academic and Administrative policy affecting students.
- B. Maintain active communication to the student body regarding but not limited to Academic and Administrative Affairs by creating resolutions, white papers, utilizing media outlets etc.
- C. Work with all appropriate areas in order to ensure that genuine Shared Governance is being upheld between students, faculty, and administration. These areas include but are not limited to: A.S.I College Representatives, Department Chairs, Students, etc.
- D. Create annual assessments for the student success fee and any student fee the council deems appropriate to ensure effective and ethical use of student fees.
- E. Create assessments ascertaining the quality of service offered to students that the council finds appropriate.
What is the composition of the SGC?
Shared Governance Council membership:
- A. Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG) (chair, non-voting)
- B. A.S.I. Academic Senators (3 Undergraduates, 2 Post -Baccalaureates) (one of which shall be appointed vice-chair at the first or second meeting of the SGC)
- C. Student Representatives appointed by the B.O.D. to all University and Academic Senate Committees and Subcommittees
- D. All official A.S.I. Board members that are required to sit on a University or Academic Senate Committee or Subcommittee
- E. Faculty Appointee (one faculty member selected by the Committee on Committees of the Academic Senate, non-voting committee advisor)
- F. The Provost or the Provost's designee (non-voting committee advisor)