Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items:
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Adoption of Agenda for Thursday, September 21, 2017
d. Adoption of Minutes for Thursday, September 7, 2017
II. Public Forum:
- a. This time is allotted to members of the public to address the board.
III. Special Presentation:
- a.Carlos Rodriguez, Dean of the Library - 3:45 - 4 pm
- b. Beverly Bondad-Brown, Director of Center for Effective Teaching & Learning - 4:15 - 4:30 pm
- c. Karin Brown, Dean of Graduate Studies - 5 -5:15 pm
IV. Standing Action Items:
a. Appointment for Vacant A.S.I. and Campus Committee Positions - Board of Directors will appoint individuals to the following vacant A.S.I. and student committee positions. (3:25 - 3:45)
- i.A.S.I. Board of Director Appointment(s)
- ii. Cabinet of Commissioner Appointment(s)
- iii. Internal Committee Appointment(s)
iv. University Wide Committee Appointment(s)
- a. A.S.I. President: David Zitser
- b. A.S.I. Vice President for Administration: David Garcia
- c. A.S.I. Vice President for Academic Governance: Neyda Umana
- d. A.S.I. Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- e. A.S.I. Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement: Marcos Montes
- f. A.S.I. Secretary/ Treasurer: Jazmin Ortiz
- g. A.S.I. Chief Justice: Jeovany Aguilar
- h. A.S.I. Board of Directors
- i. A.S.I. Staff : Intef W. Weser and Marcus Rodriguez
- j. University Designee: Dr. Jennifer Miller, Dean of Students
VI. New Business:
a. Action Item: Resolution in support for Visually Impaired Students - The Board will receive a recommendation from the Executive Committee, for approval of a resolution in support of campus accessibility for students with blindness/limited vision/low vision/partially sighted/visually impaired.
b. Action Item: Legislative Priorities 2017/18 - The Board will receive a recommendation from the LAAC, for approval of the Legislative Priorities for the 2017/18 academic school year.
c. Action Item: The Board will vote on a Resolution in Support of the Dream Act of 2017 (S.1615/H.R.3440).
d. Action Item: The Board will vote on a Letter to Metro Regarding the U-Pass program.
e. Review Policy 218 Referendum Policy - Bylaws committee members will review and act on recommended edits to the Referendum Guidelines.
f. Review Policy 005 Grant-in-Aid - Bylaws committee members will review and act on recommended edits to the Grant-In-Aid policy.
g. Review Policy 302 Bylaws Codes of Procedures Sub-Committee COP - The Board will review and act on recommended edits approved by the Bylaws and Codes of Procedure Sub-Committee Code of Procedure.
h. Review Policy 003 Executive Committee COP- The Board will review and act on recommended edits approved by the Executive Committee and Bylaws committee.
VII. Discussion Item:
- a.Follow Up Discussion Regarding Legal Counsel Presentation on August 24, 2017 - The BOD will discuss some of the content presented by Richard E. Bromley at first BOD.
VIII. Information Items:
|Application List 9.21.17.pdf||62.26 KB|
|Policy 005 Adm - Grant-In-Aid 7.24.17||353.7 KB|
|Policy 218 Finance - Referendum 7.28.17UPDATED||154.82 KB|
|Policy 302 - Bylaws Codes of Procedure Sub-Committee COP revise pending 11.30.16||109.48 KB|
|Policy 003 Adm - Executive Committee Code of Procedure - 2.20.17||230.65 KB|
|David G BOD Report Sept.21.pdf||213.45 KB|
|BOD Minutes Sept. 7, 2017.pdf||184.61 KB|
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (B.O.D.) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the A.S.I.
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership