Regularly Meets On:
The Finance Committees acts on behalf of the BOD in all matters pertaining to income appropriation, and the safeguarding of Associated Students, Inc. funds. The Finance Committee makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding allocation of funds. The committee also prepares an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. BOD in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of these Bylaws. The Finance Committee also has the responsibility for recommending the most appropriate investments.
What is the composition of the Finance Committee?
- The Finance Committee is composed of 14 voting members and 4 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following positions:
- A.S.I. Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.)
- Four student (recommended by the V.P. for Finance to the A.S.I. President with a simple majority consent of the B.O.D.)
What does the Finance Committee do?
It shall be the purpose and function of the Finance Committee to:
- Make recommendations to the B.O.D. regarding allocation of funds.
- Prepare an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. B.O.D. in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of the Bylaws.
- Develop a balanced A.S.I. Annual Budget for approval by both the B.O.D., and the University President no less than sixty (60) days prior to the end of the fiscal year.
Duties and Responsibilities
For more information go to our website Finance Policies and Procedures 200-225 and review Policy 201 Finance Committee Code of Procedure.