Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items:
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Adoption of Agenda for Tuesday, June 27, 2017
- d. Approval of minutes for Tuesday, May 9, 2017
II. Public Forum/Announcement:
- This time is allotted for members of the public or representatives to make announcements to the executive committee members
- a. A.S.I President: David Zitser
- b. A.S.I. Staff : Intef W. Weser
IV. New Business
a. Personnel Committee Code and Procedure Review Policy 101 - The committee will review the Personnel Committee COP.
- i. Document Availability Online - The committee will briefly review how to access personnel policies and procedures.
Review Time Spent on Essential Functions for A.S.I. Staff Position
- A.S.I. Executive Directortime Spent on Essential Functions
- Director of Government Affairs and Leadership Programs time Spent on Essential Functions
- Office Manager of Administration and Services time Spent on Essential Functions
- Programs Coordinator now Senior Coordinator of Student Engagement and Outreach time Spent on Essential Functions
- Graphics & Marketing Coordinator time Spent on Essential Functions - in development
- b. A.S.I. Staff Essential Duties Breakdown - The Executive Director will share an overview of A.S.I. Staff Projects, Job Descriptions, and Essential Duties Breakdown
V. Old Business
- a. Hiring Updates - Staff will provide updates on the hiring process for the vacant staffing positions.
The Personnel Committee shall act on behalf of the BOD in all matters concerning employees of the corporation. Such actions shall be in accordance with Title V of the Administrative Code of the State of California, Policies and Directives of the Board of Trustees of the California State University and Colleges, Policies of the University, the Articles of Incorporation, and the A.S.I. Bylaws.
The Personnel Committee makes recommendations to the BOD regarding hiring employees, dismissing employees, establishing policies regarding employee benefits, responsibilities, compensation, and grievance procedures.
The Personnel Committee shall make annual recommendations to the BOD on personnel matters involving any changes in the level of budgetary support. The Personnel Committee shall conduct, on a semi-annual basis, a review of the performances of the full-time employees.
The Personnel Committee shall be composed of eight (8) voting and five (5) non-voting members.
- A. ASI President, who shall serve as chair
- B. ASI Vice President for Administration
- C. ASI Vice President for Academic Governance
- D. ASI Vice President for Finance
- E. ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement
- F. ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- G. Two (2) members of the BOD appointed by the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD
- H. ASI Executive Director (non-voting)
- I. ASI Director of Government Affairs & Leadership Programs (non-voting)
- J. ASI Office Manager for Administration and Services (recording secretary) (non-voting)
- K. A representative from the University’s Office of Human Resources Management (non-voting)
- L. University President or designee (non-voting)