Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
- c. Approval of Agenda for Friday, October 27, 2017
- d. Approval of Minutes for Friday, October 13, 2017
e. Approval of Minutes for Friday, September 1, 2017
- f. Approval of Funding Committee Report for Friday, October 6, 2017
II. Public Forum - Allotted time for members of the public to address the committee.
III. New Business
- a. Action Item: Budget Priorities Draft proposals: The committee will take action on proposals submitted within the priority deadline.
- b. Discussion Item: Budget Priorities Draft proposals: The committee will review proposals submitted after the priority deadline in order of when it was submitted. (This will be an action item next meeting regardless if we finish reviewing proposals or not)
IV. Discussion Items
- a. CSU Consolidated Fund: The committee will be educated on an investment fund that A.S.I. could potentially start investing.
V. Information Items:
- a. Alternative Funding and Referendum Ad Hoc Committee: The committee will receive an update on the status of the Ad Hoc.
- a. A.S.I. Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
Regularly Meets On:
The Finance Committees acts on behalf of the BOD in all matters pertaining to income appropriation, and the safeguarding of Associated Students, Inc. funds. The Finance Committee makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding allocation of funds. The committee also prepares an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. BOD in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of these Bylaws. The Finance Committee also has the responsibility for recommending the most appropriate investments.
What is the composition of the Finance Committee?
- The Finance Committee is composed of 14 voting members and 4 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following positions:
- A.S.I. Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.)
- Four student (recommended by the V.P. for Finance to the A.S.I. President with a simple majority consent of the B.O.D.)
What does the Finance Committee do?
It shall be the purpose and function of the Finance Committee to:
- Make recommendations to the B.O.D. regarding allocation of funds.
- Prepare an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. B.O.D. in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of the Bylaws.
- Develop a balanced A.S.I. Annual Budget for approval by both the B.O.D., and the University President no less than sixty (60) days prior to the end of the fiscal year.
Duties and Responsibilities
For more information go to our website Finance Policies and Procedures 200-225 and review Policy 201 Finance Committee Code of Procedure.