ASI is a not-for-profit student run auxiliary. ASI is governed by a student Board of Directors who are elected each year by the student body of Cal State L.A. ASI is the officially recognized voice of the students since 1959. ASI representatives continually advocate for student issues.
"For the students, by the students."
The purpose of Associated Students, Inc. is to:
- provide and promote opportunities for student participation in campus governance.
- provide an official voice through which student opinion may be expressed.
- provide an opportunity for students to gain experience and training in responsible civic participation and community leadership.
- advocate for the rights and interests of students.
- support the educational, social, physical and cultural well being of the university community.