For the students, by the students:
ASI is a non-profit student-run auxiliary. ASI is governed by a student Board of Directors who are elected each year by the student body of Cal State LA. ASI is the officially recognized voice of the students since 1959. ASI representatives continually advocate for student issues.
Since 1952, Associated Students, Inc. has promoted the establishment of, and provided:
- The means for, effective avenues of student input into the governance of the campus.
- A official voice through which student opinion could be expressed.
- A opportunity where students could gain experience and training in responsible political participation and civic leadership.
- The protection of the rights and interests of individual students.
- Support for the educational, social, physical and cultural well-being of the university community.