Attention Cal State LA Student Body
Notice of ASI Bylaws Amendments Approved:
The ASI Board of Directors (BOD) approved amendments to the ASI Bylaws on Thursday, October 19, 2017 and Thursday, November 2, 2017 by a 2/3 majority of the BOD. ASI policy requires student body notification of all Bylaws amendments and revisions.
The BOD approved the following:
- Changed the spelling of A.S.I. to ASI
- Changed the Vice President for Finance to second Vice President and the Vice President for Academic Governance to third in authority and succession.
- Various title changes.
- Updated the eligibility qualifications to become a Board of Directors or committee appointee by reducing the unit requirement for undergraduate and graduate candidates to the CSU minimum and increased the grade point average to a minimum of 2.3 for undergraduates. (takes effect for 2018-19 year)
- Updated Executive Officer duty responsibilities.
- *Incorporated new and updated ASI Standing Committee responsibilities.
Title and Position changes for the following two Representative-at-Large Board of Director positions:
- - Campus Affairs to Diversity and Inclusion Officer
- - Community Affairs to Civic Engagement Officer
You can review the approved amendments below:
Per our policy, amendments and revisions approved by the Board of Directors may be rescinded by the regular membership of this corporation at the following general or special election. This process is as follows and can be found in Article XII, Section 5, Clause 2:
A. Any amendment or revision may be subject to rescission by petition containing signatures and campus identification numbers (CIN) of one (1) percent of ASI regular members.
- i. All persons wishing to circulate petitions for recall must register them with the Executive Director or designee, at which time all copies of the petition will be dated.
- B. The Vice President for Student Affairs or designee ensures that the rescission petition is returned to the Associated Students, Inc. within twenty (20) working days. The enrollment status of all students whose signature and student identification number appears on the petition shall be verified by the University Registrar within ten (10) working days of receipt of the petition.
- C. An amendment or revision shall be rescinded by a majority of the votes cast by the regular membership.
This document will be posted online until the next General Election in April 25, 2018 for students to review. If there are any questions or concerns with the amendment(s) or revisions please contact the ASI Executive Director, Intef W. Weser at 323-343-4778.
|Amended Policy 001 ASI Bylaws - Approved-10.19.17 and 11.2.17||238.7 KB|