Date / Time:
Please Join us as we discuss the Theme "Protest" and bring awareness to one another how art can impact social change.
With recent political climate and amplified cries for social justice, artist involvement in expressions of protest and resistance, have risen all over. From banners and signs used at Marches to shared images on social media from the Black Lives Matter movement.
The message is clear… artists can play an important role in social movements, addressing a wide range of social issues and protesting to a variety of people. We should use our platform to uplift, educate and bring awareness to these issues and amplify this information on how we can protest and create change in our communities.
All student and practicing artists are encouraged to submit artworks (Visual art, performance, photography, design, ceramics, poetry). These artworks will focus on artists past or recent experiences to issue like Police Brutality, and other social issues and how this experience has effect you. This will be an event where students can voice their opinions on how they feel about a freedom campus, the important role of art and activism, and how we can get involve and create change.
Submission Deadline: October 12 - November 1, 2020
Date of art exhibition: Friday, November 13, 2020
Qualifications for Submission:
- Any Cal State LA Student (current, former or recently graduate students)
- Any inspiring or practicing artists (including faculty, staff or community members)
- All artwork forms accepted (including graphic design, animation, photography, performance, visual, poetry, music/video and ceramics).
- Submitting artwork does not guarantee inclusion in the art exhibition; however, there will be opportunities to show artworks in future art exhibitions if not selected.
- No more than 2 submission per artist. (for example you can submit a visual art piece (1st submission) and a photography series (2nd submission).
- Photographers can send up to 5 images per submission (format jpeg or pdf)
- Video/Performance artist no more than 5-7min videos (exceptions upon request)
- All files must be submitted in Jpeg or PDF format. Videos must be in Mov or mp4.
How to submit:
Complete an "Application Form" button below, for EACH submitted artwork or series (Maximum is 2 submissions per person, except for series or sets of work within the size limit will be determined)
File should be name as follow : Last Name_Submission Form
There is no entry fee for this exhibition.
When submitting artworks, please take picture of artworks with well-lit or natural lighting in mind. (Jpeg or pdf format preferred) 2D/3D paintings/objects
If your artwork is selected and you are a finalist, you will have the opportunity to present your artworks at the exhibition and receive a $25 gift card for your participation.
No matter if selected or not, everyone is welcome to join the art exhibition event.
All submission applicants will receive a follow up email by November 10, 2020. If your artwork is selected and you are a finalist, you will have the opportunity to present your artworks at the art event and exhibition and will receive a $25 gift card.