Regularly Meets On:
- Chair: Tosha Pham, Octavio Villalpando
- Meeting Date: Every second Friday of each month
- Meeting Time: 10:00 am - 11:00 am
The Accessible Technology Initiative (ATI) project reflects the California State University's (CSU) ongoing commitment to provide access to information resources and technologies to individuals with disabilities. This commitment is articulated in Executive Order 926 (EO 926), the CSU Board of Trustees Policy on Disability Support and Accommodations:
"It is the policy of the CSU to make information technology resources and services accessible to all CSU students, faculty, staff and the general public regardless of disability."
The Accessible Technology Initiative's
Vision: To create a culture of access for an inclusive learning and working environment.
Mission: To help CSU campuses in carrying out EO926 by developing guidelines, implementation strategies, tools and resources.
Principle: To apply universal design, an approach to the design of products and services to be usable by the greatest number of people including individuals with disabilities.
Strategy: To stimulate collaboration to effect changes that will ultimately benefit all.
ASI Goals and Expectations
- Assist with making the academic experience at Cal State L.A. accessible to all students.
- Ensure Cal State L.A. implements the most recent and up-to-date technology for Cal State L.A. student to utilize.