Cal State LA Associated Students, Incorporated (ASI) is a student run auxiliary corporation that influences and makes important decisions on campus. Whether you like to create policies, advocate for student rights, or just want to meet new people, we've got you covered. Get involved today! Explore what you're most passionate about and jump right in!
Take Your Seat at the Table!
Emerging and seasoned student leaders are encouraged to work with ASI to influence important decisions being made on campus. Having a true and measurable impact, students serving in committees or in ASI Student Government positions are empowered to present the student perspective while participating in the Shared Governance of Cal State LA.
WHAT ARE INTERNAL ASI STANDING AND AD HOC COMMITTEES?
Internal ASI Standing and AD Hoc Committees take part in decisions that affect ASI directly. Most internal committees focus on strategic oversight, financial allocation of funds, leadership, and advocacy initiatives.
WHAT ARE ACADEMIC SENATE, UNIVERSITY, & COLLEGE SPECIFIC COMMITTEES?
Academic Senate, College Specific, and University-wide Committees - Consisting of students, University faculty, staff, and/or administrators, these committees deal with campus wide issues and make recommendations regarding academic policies, budget, sustainability, and campus services.
STUDENT GOVERNMENT POSITIONS.
Cal State LA ASI is a student run auxiliary corporation that influences and makes important decisions on campus. Whether you like to create policies, advocate for student rights, or just want to meet new friends, we've got you covered. Get involved today! Explore what you're most passionate about and jump right in!
Please view the list of open ASI student leadership positions listed below. If you do not meet the eligibility requirements to apply for a student leadership position, consider becoming an ASI volunteer. Also, make note of the ASI Student Government Member Meeting Requirements:
- A.S.I. Board of Director
- Academic Senator & Cabinet of Academic Senators
- A.S.I. Chief Justice
- A.S.I. Associate Justice and Judicial Review Committee
- A.S.I. Commissioners and Cabinet of Commissioners
ASI prides itself in being a learning laboratory-an organization that is "For the students, by the students." Therefore, we welcome all students to become a volunteer and take another step in becoming/serving as a student leader on campus.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Find a committee you are interested in by reviewing below.
- Review Basic Eligibility Requirements.
- Application Deadlines: To be considered for a position you must apply by the Friday before a Board of Directors meeting. You can view the application deadlines via this link: Application Deadlines
- Once you submit your online application a copy will be emailed to you.
- The interviewing officer will contact you for an interview within five (5) business days from submission. If this does not happen please contact the ASI Secretary Treasurer in the Administrative Office at 323-343-4778.
- Once you apply you will be contacted for an interview with the Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG) or the appropriate interviewing officer. They will explain the expectations and requirements. If this does not happen please contact the ASI Secretary Treasurer in the Administrative Office at 323-343-4778.
- Upon appointment by the ASI Board of Directors you will need to attend a Committee Member Orientation.
BENEFITS OF JOINING A COMMITTEE:
- Professional Networking Opportunities
- Resume & Portfolio Building
- Leadership Development
- Positively Impact and Influence the future of Cal State LA
- Policy Writing & Analysis Experience
- $25 Incentive per Committee Meeting