Your eligibility to hold ASI office or serve on a committee will be verified by the University Registrar. You need to answer "yes" to all of the questions below to be eligible. If you answer "no" you may not be eligible for appointment at this time.
General Applicant/Candidate Requirements:
- Are you considered in GOOD STANDING with the University? (You must not be on academic, disciplinary or administrative probation.)
- Have you been enrolled at Cal State LA for one (1) semester prior to application?
- Do you have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA during the last 12 months?
- Are you available for scheduled meetings?
- Do you agree to serve a minimum of two (2) hours per week physically in the ASI Office? (Note: ASI Board of Directors applicants agree to be available for a minimum number of service hours per week in addition to office hours as outlined in the ASI Board of Directors Code of Procedure.
- If you are an ASI Board of Directors College Representative applicant, have you declared a major in the College you intend to represent and have you enrolled in at least one (1) course within that College?
- Have you earned at least six (6) semester units of academic credit per semester at Cal State LA during the past 12 months prior to application (not including remedial courses)?
- Will you be enrolled in at least six (6) semester units of academic credit during the semester the appointment/election occurs?
- Are you aware that you must be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) units per semester while in office?
- Are you aware that you must maintain a 2.5 GPA each semester while in office?
- Have you earned less than 150-semester units?
- If your BA/BS was received from Cal State LA within the past 3 years, have you earned a total of twelve (12) units during your last year as an undergraduate?
- Have you earned at least three (3) units per semester units of continuous attendance?
- Will you be enrolled in at least three (3) semester units during the term the appointment/election occurs?
- Are you aware that you must maintain a minimum load of three (3) units per semester?
- Are you aware that you must maintain a 3.0 GPA each semester while in office?
- Have you earned less than 50-semester units?
If you have any questions regarding the process or requirements please call the ASI Administrative Office, U-SU 203 at 323-343-4778 or E-mail Us.