Eligibility to hold ASI office or serve on a committee will be verified by the University Registrar.
General Applicant/Candidate Requirements
- Be considered in GOOD STANDING with the University-must not be on academic, disciplinary or administrative probation.
- Been enrolled at Cal State LA for one (1) semester prior to application.
- Have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA during the last 12 months.
- Be available for scheduled meetings.
- Serve a minimum of two (2) hours per week physically in the ASI Office. (Note: ASI Board of Directors applicants agree to be available for a minimum number of service hours per week in addition to office hours as outlined in the ASI Board of Directors Code of Procedure)
- ASI Board of Directors-College Representative applicants must have declared a major in the College they intend to represent and must be enrolled in at least one (1) course within that College.
Undergraduate Applicant Requirements
- Earned at least six (6) semester units of academic credit per semester at Cal State LA during the past 12 months, prior to application (not including remedial courses).
- Enrolled in at least six (6) semester units of academic credit during the semester the appointment/election occurs.
- Enrolled in a minimum of six (6) units per semester while in office.
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA each semester while in office.
- Earned less than 150-semester units.
Graduate Applicant Requirements
- Earned a total of twelve (12) units during your last year as an undergraduate-if the applicant's BA/BS was received from Cal State LA within the past 3 years.
- Earned at least three (3) units per semester units of continuous attendance.
- Enrolled in at least three (3) semester units during the term the appointment/election occurs.
- Maintain a minimum load of three (3) units per semester.
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA each semester while in office.
- Earned less than 50-semester units.
If you have any questions regarding the process or requirements please call the ASI Administrative Office, U-SU 203 at 323-343-4778 or email us.