Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Approval of Agenda for Friday, March 24, 2017
- d. Approval of Minutes for Friday, March 17, 2017
e. Approval of Minutes for Friday, March 10, 2017
f. Approval of Minutes for Friday, February 24, 2017
g. Updated Minutes for September 16, 2016
II. Public Forum - Allotted time for members of the public to address the committee.
III. Action Items:
a. Japanese Student Association - Japanese-American Hobby Event - 4/24/17 - $1,961.27
b. LASABA - Meet and Greet - 8/28/17 - $137
c. LASABA - Halloween Social - 10/30/17 - $183
d. LASABA - End of Semester Mingle - 5/3/17 - $172
e. Global Cultural Alliance - Inaugural Reception - 5/5/17 - $1,701.65
f. Eagle Jiu-Jitsu - Pizza Fundraiser - 4/13/17 & 4/17/17 - $663.18
g. Eagle Jiu-Jitsu - Pizza Fundraiser - 4/10/17 - $312.25
h. NSSLHA - Banquet - 5/11/17 - $342.47
i. NSSLHA - Meeting - 4/10/17 - $315.55
j. Association of Student Anthro - Fundraiser - 4/10/17 - $70.67
k. PIHRA - Nachos Fundraiser - 4/13/17 - $75
l. Special Home Game Event: Cal State LA Golden Eagles vs. Cal State San Marcos Cougars - The committee will take action on a funding proposal to support a May 4th event.
IV. Discussion Items:
a. Area Budget Presentations (Budget Only Focus) - 10 Mins
- 12:50-1 pm - EOP
1-1:10 pm - EPIC
1:10-1:20 pm - Anna Bing
1:20-1:30 pm - Golden Eagle Radio
1:30-1:40 pm - Dreamers Resource Center
1:40-1:50 pm - Public Safety - U-Pass Program
1:50-2 pm - Veterans Resorce Center
b. 2017-18 Proposed Operating Budget - The Finance Committee will be provided the 2017-18 Operating Budget and supporting detail.
V. Old Business:
a. Action Item: Creation of Policy 226: The committee will take action on a proposal to create a new subcommittee to address funding proposals through Policy 226.
VI. New Business:
- a. Policy Review - Review Policy 208 - Finance Committee members will review the A.S.I. Risk Management Policy.
A. A.S.I. Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- i. Club Funding Allocation Update
- ii. Scholarship & Awards Ad Hoc Committee Update
- iii. February 2017 Financials
Regularly Meets On:
The Finance Committees acts on behalf of the BOD in all matters pertaining to income appropriation, and the safeguarding of Associated Students, Inc. funds. The Finance Committee makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding allocation of funds. The committee also prepares an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. BOD in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of these Bylaws. The Finance Committee also has the responsibility for recommending the most appropriate investments.
What is the composition of the Finance Committee?
- The Finance Committee is composed of 14 voting members and 4 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following positions:
- ASI Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.)
- Four student (recommended by the V.P. for Finance to the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD)
What does the Finance Committee do?
It shall be the purpose and function of the Finance Committee to:
- Make recommendations to the BOD regarding allocation of funds.
- Prepare an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. B.O.D. in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of the Bylaws.
- Develop a balanced ASI Annual Budget for approval by both the B.O.D., and the University President no less than sixty (60) days prior to the end of the fiscal year.
Duties and Responsibilities
For more information go to our website Finance Policies and Procedures 200-225 and review Policy 201 Finance Committee Code of Procedure.
External Organization & Departments
ASI currently offers university support funds to Anna Bing Arnold Children's Center, EOP (Educational Opportunity Program), Golden Eagle Radio, EPIC (Educational Participation in Communities), Dreamers Center, U-Pass Metro Program, and Veterans Resource Center. Click below to learn out more about the Funding and Budgeting for External Organizations & Departments over $3,000 here.