Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Approval of Agenda for Thursday, May 4, 2017
- d. Approval of Minutes for Thursday, April 27, 2017
II. Public Forum - Allotted time for members of the public to address the Board of Directors.
III. Special Presentation:
IV. Old Business
a. Action Item: 2017-2018 Proposed Operating Budget: The BOD will take action on the 2017-2018 Proposed Operating Budget approved by the Finance Committee.
V. New Business:
- a. Action Item: (Closed Session) Executive Director will share Performance Appraisal of Fulltime Staff members: the committee will review and take action on the recommended evaluations of full-time staff members.
b. Action Item - Policy Review
- 1. Review Policy 014 - BOD will review and act on recommended edits to the Legislative Affairs & Advocacy Committee Code of Procedure approved by the appropirte oversight committees.
2. Review Policy 226 - BOD will review and act on recommended edits to the Funding Sub-Committee Code of Procedure approved by the appropirte oversight committees.
VI. Information Items:
- a. A.S.I. President: Kayla Stamps
- b. A.S.I. Vice President for Administration: Leopoldo Saldana
- c. A.S.I. Vice President for Academic Governance: John Martinez
- d. A.S.I. Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- e. A.S.I. Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement: Marcos Montes
- f. A.S.I Secretary/ Treasurer: Bonnie Lee
- g. A.S.I. Chief Justice: Jeovany Aguilar
- h. A.S.I. Board of Directors
- i. A.S.I. Staff
- j. University Designee: Dr. Jennifer Miller, Dean of Students
Regularly Meets On:
The purposes and function of the Board of Directors (BOD) shall:
- Act as a governing board for the ASI
- Act as a steward to the student funds
- Act as a learning laboratory for student leadership
The Board of Directors shall consist of the following directors elected by the Cal State LA student body, as specified in Article IV of the ASI Bylaws.
- ASI President
- ASI Vice President for Administration (VPA)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- ASI Vice President for Academic Governance (VPAG)
- ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- ASI Diversity and Inclusion Officer - Representative-at-Large
- ASI Civic Engagement Officer - Representative-at-Large
- Two (2) College of Arts & Letters Representatives
- Two (2) College of Business & Economics Representatives
- Two (2) Charter College of Education Representatives
- Two (2) College of Engineering, Computer Science, & Technology Representatives
- Two (2) Rongxiang Xu College of Health & Human Services Representatives
- Two (2) College of Natural & Social Sciences Representatives
For more information regarding the role and function of the Board of Directors please review Policy 002 - Board of Directors Code of Procedure via this LINK.