Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items:
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call
- c. Adoption of Agenda for Tuesday, June 27, 2017
- d. Approval of Minutes for Tuesday, May 2, 2017
II. Public Forum/Announcement:
- This time is allotted for members of the public or representatives to make announcements to the executive committee members
III. New Business
a. Executive Committee Code and Procedure Review Policy 003- The committee will review the Executive Committee COP.
- i. Document Availability Online - The committee will briefly review how to access Administrative Governing policies and procedures.
b. Executive Committee Expectations - The committee will review expectations and goals discussed at first summer Executive Officer meeting.
- c. Priority Brainstorm Session - The Executive Committee will discuss and brainstorm priorities for A.S.I. for the 2017-18 school year.
d. Importance of Agenda Development and Minutes - The committee will review and discuss the importance of managing agendas and minutes to attain organizational success.
- i. Gloria Romero Act of 2000
- e. BOD Agenda - The committee will discuss potential agenda items for the next BOD.
- i. Appointments
- a. A.S.I. President: David Zitser
- b. A.S.I. Vice President for Administration: David Garcia
- c. A.S.I. Vice President for Academic Governance: Neyda Umana
- d. A.S.I. Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
- e. A.S.I. Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement: Marcos Montes
- f. A.S.I Secretary/ Treasurer: Jazmin Ortiz
- g. A.S.I. Board of Directors
- h. A.S.I. Staff : Intef W. Weser and Marcus Rodriguez
- i. University Designee: Dr. Jennifer Miller, Dean of Students
VII. Old Business
|The Importance of Posting Agendas & Recording Minutes 2017||86.9 KB|
|Executive Officer Training Expectations||52.1 KB|
The Executive Committee coordinates the information, programs, projects, and problems to be considered by the Associated Students, Inc. Board of Directors. The Executive Committee shall also provide general policy guidelines, and make specific policy decisions, in place of the entire Board of Directors only when the BOD cannot be called together to act on an emergency matter.
All policy decisions of the Executive Committee shall be reported to the BOD and may be overturned by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the BOD present at the meeting.
The Executive Committee shall be composed of eight (8) voting and four (4) non-voting members.
- A. ASI President, who shall serve as chair
- B. ASI Vice President for Administration, who shall serve as vice-chair
- C. ASI Vice President for Finance
- D. ASI Vice President for Academic Governance
- E. ASI Vice President for External Affairs and Advancement (VPEAA)
- F. ASI Secretary/Treasurer
- G. Three (3) members of the BOD appointed by the ASI President with a simple majority consent
- of the BOD
- G. ASI Executive Director (non-voting)
- H. ASI Assistant Director (recording secretary) (non-voting)
- I. ASI Director of Programs and Leadership (non-voting)
- J. University President or designee (non-voting)