Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
- c. Approval of Agenda for Friday, July 21, 2017
- d. Approval of Minutes for Friday, April 28, 2017
- e. Approval of Minutes for Friday, May 5, 2017
- f. Approval of Minutes for Friday, June 30, 2017
II. Public Forum - Allotted time for members of the public to address the committee.
iii. Action Items:
a. LASABA - Meet and Greet - 08/28/2017 - $137.00
b. LASABA - Halloween Social - 10/30/2017 - $183.00
- c. Beta Alpha PSI - Meet The Firms - 09/27/17 - $2,880.17
IV. New Business
a. Policy Review
1. Policy 201: Finance Committee Code of Procedures (10 minutes)
- i. The committee will discuss possible changes on the policy to provide continuity on the recently passed Policy 226.
2. Policy 226: Finance Sub-Committee COP: Funding Committee (10 minutes)
- i. The committee will review the following policy to provide better clarity on the power bestowed on the policy.
3. Policy 218: Referendum Guidelines (10 minutes)
- i. The committee will review the following policy for understanding of a Referendum Advisory Committee created by A.S.I. via the Alternative Funding and Referendum Ad Hoc Committee.
- 1. Policy 201: Finance Committee Code of Procedures (10 minutes)
V. Discussion Items:
- a. U-Pass Program: The committee will discuss the funding allocated to the U-Pass program from the 2016/2017 budget in the effort to decrease the cost of a bus pass per student.
b. Proposed 2017/2018 Operating Budget Pending: The committee will be provided an update on the Proposed 2017/2018 Operating Budget, which is still waiting final approval from the University.
- c. Alternative Funding and Referendum Ad Hoc Committee - The committee will discuss the implementation of the Ad Hoc in hopes of looking for a possible increase of revenue.
d. Reviewing Budget and Detail of 2017/2018 Operating Budget: The committee will begin to review the contents of the operating budget and supporting detail.
e. MGO - Audit and Financial Statement Update (Time Certain: 1:30pm) University Controller, Thomas Lueng, will go over last year's audit information to begin the educational process of the audit.
- a. A.S.I. Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
Regularly Meets On:
The Finance Committees acts on behalf of the BOD in all matters pertaining to income appropriation, and the safeguarding of Associated Students, Inc. funds. The Finance Committee makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding allocation of funds. The committee also prepares an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. BOD in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of these Bylaws. The Finance Committee also has the responsibility for recommending the most appropriate investments.
What is the composition of the Finance Committee?
- The Finance Committee is composed of 14 voting members and 4 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following positions:
- ASI Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.)
- Four student (recommended by the V.P. for Finance to the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD)
What does the Finance Committee do?
It shall be the purpose and function of the Finance Committee to:
- Make recommendations to the BOD regarding allocation of funds.
- Prepare an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. B.O.D. in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of the Bylaws.
- Develop a balanced ASI Annual Budget for approval by both the B.O.D., and the University President no less than sixty (60) days prior to the end of the fiscal year.
Duties and Responsibilities
For more information go to our website Finance Policies and Procedures 200-225 and review Policy 201 Finance Committee Code of Procedure.