Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
- a. Call to Order
- b. Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
- c. Approval of Agenda for Friday, September 15, 2017
- d. Approval of Minutes for Friday, July 14, 2017
e. Approval of Minutes for Friday, September 1, 2017
- f. Approval of Funding Committee Report for Friday, September 8, 2017
II. Public Forum - Allotted time for members of the public to address the committee.
III. New Business
a. Policy Review
- 1. Policy 214: Travel Procedures (20 minutes) - The committee will discuss and take action on policy recommendations.
IV. Discussion Items
- a. Budget Workshop: The committee be informed on the Budget Workshop date and time, as well as give input to the chair on what should be in the workshop. (15 minutes)
b. Request of a Line-item adjustment: The committee will discuss a proposal from an A.S.I. member for a line-item adjustment on the operating budget. (15 minutes)
V. Information Items:
- a. Timeline of Budget Priorities Draft: The committee will receive the timeline to review dates of the Budget Priorities Draft and when the committee will begin to review proposals (10 minutes)
- b. Reviewing Budget and Detail of 2017/2018 Operating Budget: The committee will finish reviewing the contents of the operating budget and supporting detail. (15 minutes)
c. CSU Consolidated Fund: The committee will be educated on an investment fund that A.S.I. could potentially start investing in. (15 minutes)
- a. A.S.I. Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
|Report from Funding Committee 9-8-17||117.65 KB|
|Policy 214 Finance - Travel Policy 9.15.17||79.96 KB|
|A S I Travel Forms||225.18 KB|
|2.03_Banking_and_Investments (5) 9.15.17||316.04 KB|
|API Food Justice Service Proposal - Line Item Adjustment 9.15.17||183.65 KB|
|Finance Committee Meeting Minues - 07.21.17 (draft)||90.4 KB|
Regularly Meets On:
The Finance Committees acts on behalf of the BOD in all matters pertaining to income appropriation, and the safeguarding of Associated Students, Inc. funds. The Finance Committee makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding allocation of funds. The committee also prepares an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. BOD in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of these Bylaws. The Finance Committee also has the responsibility for recommending the most appropriate investments.
What is the composition of the Finance Committee?
- The Finance Committee is composed of 14 voting members and 4 non-voting members. You may use this application to apply for the following positions:
- ASI Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.)
- Four student (recommended by the V.P. for Finance to the ASI President with a simple majority consent of the BOD)
What does the Finance Committee do?
It shall be the purpose and function of the Finance Committee to:
- Make recommendations to the BOD regarding allocation of funds.
- Prepare an annual budget which must be submitted to the Associated Students, Inc. B.O.D. in sufficient time for review and approval in accordance with Article VI, Section 4 of the Bylaws.
- Develop a balanced ASI Annual Budget for approval by both the B.O.D., and the University President no less than sixty (60) days prior to the end of the fiscal year.
Duties and Responsibilities
For more information go to our website Finance Policies and Procedures 200-225 and review Policy 201 Finance Committee Code of Procedure.