Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
a. Call to Order
b. Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
c. Approval of Agenda for Friday, March 9th, 2018
d. Approval of Minutes for Friday, Jan. 26th, 2018
e. Approval of Minutes for Friday, Feb. 9th, 2018
f. Approval of Minutes for Friday, Feb. 23th, 2018
II. Public Forum - Allotted time for members of the public to address the committee.
III. Action Items:
a. Beta Alpha Psi - Spring Awards Banquet - 4/26/2018 - $1919.85
b. Marketing Analytics and Research Student Club - Tableau Workshop- 2/28/2018 - $57.99
c. Kalahi: Filipino American Student Organization- Pilipino Culture Night- 4/20/2018 - $455.36
d. Forensics Speech & Debate - National Forensics Association National Tournament-4/18/2018- 4/24/2018- $3,000
e. CubeSat- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo & Googleplex Tour-3/16/18- 3/17/18- $577.72
f. Rehabilitation Counseling Association - RCA Graduation Mixer - 5/18/2018- $376.00
g. Early Entrance Program Club- Pizza Fundaraiser- 4/10& 4/17&4/24/2018 -$521.03
h. Early Entrance Program Club-Boba Fundaraiser - 3/22/2018 - $164.25
i. Early Entrance Program Club- Donuts Fundaraiser- 4/3/2018- $207.19
j. Early Entrance Program Club- Pi Day Fundaraiser - 3/14/2018- $348.52
k. Financial Management Association- General Meeting- 3/14/2018- $57.54
l. Golden Eagle Productions- GEP Fundaraiser - 3/15/2018- $725.00
m. Hispanic Business Society- Aligning the Stars- 4/28/2018- $2907.58
n. English Graduate Student Association- Conference - 4/27/2018- $4,800
o. Golden Eagle Productions- GEP Fundaraiser - 3/20/2018- $670.00
p. Accounting Society - Pupusas Fundraising-3/12/2018- $203.14
q. Baja SAE - Collegiate California Competition 2018- $3,000
r. Students United to Reach Goals in Education- S.U.R.G.E. Retreat- 3/26-3/29- $3,000
t. CSSA- Game Night- 3/17/2018- $338.98
u. Mad Scientist - Showcase - 04/13/2018 - $2,490.00
a. A.S.I. Vice Chair for Finance: Barbara Hong
Authority and Function
Section 1 - Authority
These codes shall act as the governing procedures for the Funding Sub-committee, a sub-committee of the Finance Committee, hereafter referred to as the Funding Committee.
- A. This committee is only granted the Authority for Allocations. This sole authority of taking action on funding proposals is referenced in Article IV, Section 1, of the Finance Committee Code of Procedure - Policy 201.
- B. As is the nature of a sub-committee; the Finance Committee, and ultimately the Board of Directors (BOD), have the power to reverse or change any action, or supplement for any lack of action, taken in this committee.
Section 2 - Function
It shall be the purpose and function of the Funding Committee to:
- A. Act as the first step in a multi-level approval process in requests for appropriation of Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) funds in accordance with these Codes, the ASIAdministrative Manual, and the ASI Bylaws.
- B. Maintain a transparent and efficient funding process for the distribution of ASI funds.
The Funding Committee shall be composed of nine (9) voting members and six (6) non-voting members.
- ASI Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (V.P.F.)
- ASI President
- Campus Affairs Representative
- Two members of the BOD appointed by the ASIPresident with majority consent of the B.O.D.
- Three students recommended by the ASI Vice President for Finance to the ASI President with majority consent of the BOD (non - ASI BOD)
- ASI Executive Director (non-voting)
- ASI Office Manager (non-voting)
- University Dean of Students or designee (non-voting)
- Center for Student Involvement (C.S.I.) representative (non-voting)
- CFO of the University or designee (non-voting)
- UAS representative or designee (non-voting)