Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
a. Call to Order
b. Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
c. Approval of Agenda for Friday, September 22, 2017
d. Approval of the Minutes for Friday, September 8, 2017
II. Public Forum - Allotted time for members of the public to address the committee.
III. Action Items:
a. Intervarsity Christian Fellowship - Fall Conference - 10/6,7,8/2017 - $1,837.50
b. Accounting Society - Ice-cream food sale - 10/2/2017 - $279.84
c. Accounting Society - Resume Workshop - 10/13/2017 - $249.25
d. Accounting Society - Pupusa Sale - 9/25/2017 - $280.12
e. ASCE - Pizza Fundraiser - 10/3/2017 - $110
f. ASCE - Pizza Fundraiser - 10/5/2017 - $110
g. ASCE - Pizza Fundraiser - 10/17/2017 - $110
h. ASCE - Pizza Fundraiser - 10/19/2017 - $110
i. ASCE - Pizza Fundraiser - 10/31/2017 - $110
j. Master of Social Work Student Organization - Dounut Sale - 10/31/2017 - $155.98
k. Master of Social Work Student Organization - Bowling Night - 10/3/2017 - $750
l. Master of Social Work Student Organization - Porto's Sale - 10/19/2017 - $202.97
m. Master of Social Work Student Organization - Pizza Fundraiser - 9/28/2017 - $463.76
n. Master of Social Work Student Organization - Pizza Fundraiser -10/12/2017 - $339.79
o. Master of Social Work Student Organization - Churro Sale - 11/9/2017 - $111.34
p. Master of Social Work Student Organization - Porto's Sale - 9/30/2017 - $165.37
q. Master of Social Work Student Organization - Holiday Social -12/9/2017 - $762.40
r. Rehabiliation Counseling Association - Operations Warm Winter - 12/15/2017 - $1,692
s. Financial Management Association (FMA) - Professional Guest Speaker Event - 9/27/2017 - $516.70
t. American Society of Mechinal Engineers - Kickoff - 9/28/2017 - $317.96
u. Association of Latino Professional for America - Porto's Sale - 10/17/2017 - $249.03
v. Association of Latino Professional for America - Pizza Sale - 10/3/2017 - $260.31
w. Golden Eagle Productions - GEP 2nd - 10/5,19/2017 - $202.76
a. A.S.I. Vice Chair for Finance: Elias Ortega
b. A.S.I. Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
Authority and Function
Section 1 - Authority
These codes shall act as the governing procedures for the Funding Sub-committee, a sub-committee of the Finance Committee, hereafter referred to as the Funding Committee.
- A. This committee is only granted the Authority for Allocations. This sole authority of taking action on funding proposals is referenced in Article IV, Section 1, of the Finance Committee Code of Procedure - Policy 201.
- B. As is the nature of a sub-committee; the Finance Committee, and ultimately the Board of Directors (BOD), have the power to reverse or change any action, or supplement for any lack of action, taken in this committee.
Section 2 - Function
It shall be the purpose and function of the Funding Committee to:
- A. Act as the first step in a multi-level approval process in requests for appropriation of Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) funds in accordance with these Codes, the ASIAdministrative Manual, and the ASI Bylaws.
- B. Maintain a transparent and efficient funding process for the distribution of ASI funds.
The Funding Committee shall be composed of nine (9) voting members and six (6) non-voting members.
- ASI Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (V.P.F.)
- ASI President
- Campus Affairs Representative
- Two members of the BOD appointed by the ASIPresident with majority consent of the B.O.D.
- Three students recommended by the ASI Vice President for Finance to the ASI President with majority consent of the BOD (non - ASI BOD)
- ASI Executive Director (non-voting)
- ASI Office Manager (non-voting)
- University Dean of Students or designee (non-voting)
- Center for Student Involvement (C.S.I.) representative (non-voting)
- CFO of the University or designee (non-voting)
- UAS representative or designee (non-voting)