Date / Time:
I. Organizational Items
a. Call to Order
b. Roll Call (Establishment of Quorum)
c. Approval of Agenda for Friday, October 6, 2017
d. Approval of the Minutes for September 22, 2017
II. Public Forum - Allotted time for members of the public to address the committee.
III. Action Items:
a. League of Legends Club - Viewing Party - 10/10/17- $104
b. National Student Speech, Language, and Hearing Association - Communication Disorders Symposium - 11/17/17 - $100
c. National Student Speech, Language, and Hearing Association - Fundraiser - 10/11/17 - $165.94
d. Accounting Society - Porto's Bakery Sale - 10/9/17 - $261.26
e. Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS) - Concference Success Tip - 10/25/2017 - $307.18
f. Student Nurses Association - Pizza Fundraiser - 10/10/17 - $550.60
g. Accounting Society - Mock Interview - 10/27/17 - $69.90
h. Student Dietetic Association - CDP/DPD Panel - 11/2/17 - $372.61
i. Spirit Squad - Cheer Premier - 10/13/17 - $2,959.59
j. Pre-law Society - UCI Law School Tour - 10/13/17 - $49.92
k. Pre-law Society - La Verne Law School Tour - N/A - $39.72
l. Pre-law Society - 7th Annual Law Fair - 10/25/17 - $1,052.41
m. Chi Sigma Phi & Sigma Nu - Breast Cancer Awareness Walk - 10/21/17 - $501.63
a. A.S.I. Vice Chair for Finance: Elias Ortega
b. A.S.I. Vice President for Finance: Aaron Castaneda
Go Here for Club Funding Proposal Submission Deadlines
|Funding Committee Meeting Minutes - 09.22.17 (draft)||92.41 KB|
|Funding Committee Agenda - October 6 2017||132.45 KB|
|Leauge of Legends - 10.10.2017||1.45 MB|
|NSSLHA - 10.11.2017||2.57 MB|
|NSSLHA - 11.17.2017||2.22 MB|
|Accounting Society - 10.09.2017||2.08 MB|
|SACNAS - 10.25.2017||1.42 MB|
|Student Nurses Association - 10.10.2017||3.14 MB|
|Accounting Society - 10.27.2017||2.94 MB|
|Student Dietetic Association - 11.02.2017||1.47 MB|
|Spirit Squad - 10.13.2017||436.79 KB|
|Pre-Law Society - 10.13.2017||541.58 KB|
|Pre-Law Society - TBD||544.02 KB|
|Pre-Law Society 10.25.2017||6.75 MB|
|Chi Sigma Phi - 10.21.2017||1.11 MB|
Authority and Function
Section 1 - Authority
These codes shall act as the governing procedures for the Funding Sub-committee, a sub-committee of the Finance Committee, hereafter referred to as the Funding Committee.
- A. This committee is only granted the Authority for Allocations. This sole authority of taking action on funding proposals is referenced in Article IV, Section 1, of the Finance Committee Code of Procedure - Policy 201.
- B. As is the nature of a sub-committee; the Finance Committee, and ultimately the Board of Directors (BOD), have the power to reverse or change any action, or supplement for any lack of action, taken in this committee.
Section 2 - Function
It shall be the purpose and function of the Funding Committee to:
- A. Act as the first step in a multi-level approval process in requests for appropriation of Associated Students, Inc. (ASI) funds in accordance with these Codes, the ASIAdministrative Manual, and the ASI Bylaws.
- B. Maintain a transparent and efficient funding process for the distribution of ASI funds.
The Funding Committee shall be composed of nine (9) voting members and six (6) non-voting members.
- ASI Vice Chair for Finance (V.C.F.)
- ASI Vice President for Finance (V.P.F.)
- ASI President
- Campus Affairs Representative
- Two members of the BOD appointed by the ASIPresident with majority consent of the B.O.D.
- Three students recommended by the ASI Vice President for Finance to the ASI President with majority consent of the BOD (non - ASI BOD)
- ASI Executive Director (non-voting)
- ASI Office Manager (non-voting)
- University Dean of Students or designee (non-voting)
- Center for Student Involvement (C.S.I.) representative (non-voting)
- CFO of the University or designee (non-voting)
- UAS representative or designee (non-voting)